Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

'Arry at QPR is superb. No longer must I be mildly unsettled by them having a guy I vaguely like (Sparky) in charge.

Got them at the Bridge on the January 2nd game. A replication of last year's result would do nicely.

Benitez has confirmed that Lampard, Sturridge and of course Terry will not be fit for Sunday's game against City.

He also inferred that he will be sticking with 4-2-3-1, but that has to be the least surprising thing ever.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20383491

What the fuck kind of "match preview" is that, Jonathan Pearce? A 13 paragraph whinge about "Why I Dislike Chelsea Football Club"? You get to write stuff like that in opinion articles, not match previews. But then only certain people get to do opinion articles on BBC Sport and, for reasons readily apparent, you're not one of them.

Go back to fucking Robot Wars.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20262161

What the fuck kind of "match preview" is that, Jonathan Pearce? A 13 paragraph whinge about "Why I Dislike Chelsea Football Club"? You get to write stuff like that in opinion articles, not match previews. But then only certain people get to do opinion articles on BBC Sport and, for reasons readily apparent, you're not one of them.

Go back to fucking Robot Wars.

I agree that the match preview isn't the best, though I'd say it's more to do with the fact that he's decided to ramble on about Brendan Rodgers' team selection in the Anzhi game for no apparent reason, instead of Chelsea-Man City.

(shifty.gif)

Stoker in 'ugh, the press' shocker...

He's got a point though, Pearce was dangerously close to veering into 'Jumpers for goalposts? Hmmm, marvellous' teritory there.

QUEENS Park Rangers Football Club is delighted to confirm the appointment of Harry Redknapp as the club’s new manager.

The 65 year-old has signed a two-and-a-half year contract at Loftus Road and will watch his new team from the stands when the R’s take on Manchester United at Old Trafford this afternoon.

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Redknapp said: “I’m delighted to be back in the managerial hot-seat at QPR.

“When I spoke to the Shareholders and they told me about their plans I knew this was too good an opportunity to turn down.

“There’s no doubt there’s a lot of ability in the squad, but for one reason or another things haven’t gone as well as everyone expected since the start of the season.

“I can’t wait to get to work and get the results necessary to kick-start our season.”

Redknapp’s arrival in W12 represents a significant coup for the club.

Widely-regarded as one of the best English managers in the business, Redknapp’s track record at the highest level speaks for itself.

After guiding Portsmouth to an FA Cup Final victory in 2007/08, he enjoyed arguably his finest hour in management at Tottenham Hotspur, where he led them into the Champions League for the first time in their history at the end of the 2009/10 season.

He was also named Premier League Manager of the Year at the end of that campaign.

Speaking on behalf of the QPR Shareholders, QPR Chairman Tony Fernandes, said: “Harry was our number one target, the unanimous choice of the Board and we’re delighted we’ve been able to attract him to the club.

“He has a proven track record in the Premier League and has all the characteristics we were looking for to get us out of the current situation we find ourselves in.

“His man-management skills are second to none and we are confident he is the right man to lead us away from the bottom of the table.

“We believe we have a manager with significant experience at the highest level of football, who can come in and immediately help deliver our objectives.”

QPR Shareholder Kamarudin Bin Meranun added: “While we look forward with Harry we would also like to place on the record our appreciation to Mark.

Sunderland: Mignolet, Bardsley, O'Shea, Cuellar, Rose, Larsson, Cattermole, Colback, Johnson, Sessegnon, Fletcher. Subs: Westwood, Gardner, Campbell, Kilgallon, Vaughan, McClean, Saha.

West Brom: Myhill, Jones, Olsson, McAuley, Ridgewell, Odemwingie, Yacob, Morrison, Brunt, Gera, Long. Subs: Luke Daniels, Popov, Rosenberg, Dorrans, Lukaku, Tamas, Fortune.

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral)