European Football Thread

IAceI

What difference does that make, they'd take them in the Premier League too. I find the lack of strikers taking pens weird to be honest.

I miss the days when people like Dennis Irwin and Frank LeBoeuf took penalties.

• Like 1

Can't see Ronaldo ever coming close to Messi in terms of goals in La Liga. How does their overall goal record compare?

Ronaldo has a strike rate for Real of 1.19318181818 recurring, near as makes no difference 1.2. Messi's strike rate is 0.875, let's say 0.9. Ronaldo's is improving, Messi's is not, especially this season as Ronaldo has double the goals in one less game. Unless Ronaldo has a serious dip in form, he could easily notch 50 or 60 goals in La Liga this season.

The Terminator was Molenaar but I don't remember him being great at penalties.

From a quick search, Eden Hazard is the only current player in a top league with a 100% record (over 10 attempts) with 16/16.

Although he did miss one in the Champions League. :shifty:

• Admin
Bastia striker Brandao has been given a one-month 'jail sentence' for headbutting Paris St-Germain midfielder Thiago Motta.
The Brazilian, 34, had already received a six-month ban for the incident in PSG's 2-0 home win on 16 August.
Motta, 32, was left with a broken nose in the attack by Brandao, who also received a £15,850 (20,000 euros) fine.
His lawyer expects Brandao to serve the punishment through community service and not in jail.
Brandao, a league winner with Marseille in 2010, says Motta insulted him during the game.
After being substituted he appeared to wait for the Italy international in a dressing room corridor, which was captured on CCTV.
"On the pitch Brandao said he'd be waiting for me afterwards, but I never thought he'd actually do it," Motta told the police.
Prosecutors had called for an eight-month suspended sentence and a £11,888 (15,000) euros fine.
PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi said Brandao "should be suspended for life" after the incident.

I know they only have one Cup competition in Spain, but these two-legged ties are so tedious. All it does is protect the big teams. Even if they're shocked in the first leg, chances are they'll turn it around in the second.

Real currently lead Cornella 9-1 on Agg.

On a bright note, Jese is back and scored the 5-0

I know they only have one Cup competition in Spain, but these two-legged ties are so tedious. All it does is protect the big teams. Even if they're shocked in the first leg, chances are they'll turn it around in the second.

It's a different tradition though. We have the whole "magic of the FA cup" thing whereas to them it's to determine the best team.

On a bright note, Jese is back and scored the 5-0