European Football Thread

IAceI

• Admin
Gabon midfielder Guelor Kanga has been banned for three matches by the Russian Football Union for gesturing at Spartak Moscow fans who racially abused him.
The FC Rostov player, 24, was targeted with monkey chants by Spartak fans during their Russian Premier League match in Moscow on Thursday.
He responded with what the RFU ruled to be an "insulting gesture to fans" and was also fined 50,000 rubles (£600).
Spartak have been fined for their fans "chanting insulting expressions".
They received a 70,000 rubles (£830) fine for the charge, which usually refers to swearing rather than the separate offence of racist chanting.
In September, Dynamo Moscow defender Christopher Samba was given a two-match ban in similar circumstances after Torpedo Moscow fans racially abused him.

I honestly think Messi will still be as good as he is now for another 5 years or so. He is a special individual and I don't think being in his early 30's will hinder him really.

Not sure about Ronaldo, will he lose a yard or two in a couple of years? Will that even matter? As long as the pair of them continue to possess that unreal ability and keep playing in a team that can provide the service for them to score in every game I don't see anything changing in terms of productive output.

A fair bit of Ronaldo's output is due to his physique though. He's an absolute tank and lightning fast. That'll slowly go with age over the coming years, so I think you'll see a slight drop before he retires.

Messi? Who knows with him, his ability is less reliant on his physical tools so he may adapt better to losing a yard, that's a good bit away yet for him though. I reckon we'll see one more World Cup where they're both close to their best.