European Football Thread

IAceI

Ramos scored with a scissor kick today as well. It's like Barca and Real have stopped worrying about wins and scoring goals, they happen anyway and now it's just a straight shoot out for goal of the season.

• Like 1

Well, he gave it a good go. It is not easy to go to a foreign country where you are completely out of your comfort zone in every way, tried his best. He picked himself up after getting the sack from Man Utd. I'm sure he'll be in a Premier League job again within 6-9 months, if that's what he wants to do. I hope he finds success at his next club.

• Like 1

• Admin

The German national team have been evacuated from their hotel in Paris due to a bomb threat, according to reports.

Germany are in Paris for a friendly against France on Friday night, but their preparations were reportedly disturbed just before lunchtime when they were forced to leave the Molitor hotel.

“There was a threat and the hotel has been evacuated and cordoned off,” the team manager Oliver Bierhoff told Germany’s Express newspaper.

The head of the German football federation (DFB) security team Hendrik Grosse Lefert added that there was no indication of when the squad would be allowed to return to the complex.

“The French police have informed us that an anonymous bomb threat had been made,” he said. “Together with our colleagues, we decided to evacuate the hotel to enable them to go through and examine the rooms and conference rooms thoroughly.”

The world champions are expected to have lunch away from the hotel and return in the early afternoon to pick up their kit and belongings before heading to the Stade de France, where they face France in a repeat of the 2014 World Cup quarter-final. Germany won that encounter in Rio de Janeiro 1-0 thanks to a goal from Mats Hummels.

• Admin

This weekend’s Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 fixtures will be played as scheduled despite security concerns prompting calls for postponements, France’s secretary of state for sport, Thierry Braillard, has announced.

Media reports had speculated that the weekend’s matches could be called off in the aftermath of Friday’s Paris attacks, which caused the deaths of 129 people. However, Braillard has made it clear that the fixtures will go ahead as planned.

“We have to continue living our lives,” Braillard said. “Everyone is going to have to get into the frame of mind that life goes on. I think that right now we need reassurance.”

The league leaders Paris Saint-Germain – who play their home matches at the Parc des Princes – are due to travel to Lorient on Saturday while Nice face Lyon in the opening fixture of the weekend on Friday night.

PSG’s Javier Pastore has revealed that two of his friends lost their lives during Friday’s atrocities. The midfielder was on international duty when the attacks took place. Speaking to the Argentinian TV channel Teleocho, he said: “I have two friends who died in France, they lived three blocks from my house and they had gone to the concert.

“I have to go back, I work there and I have a responsibility. It is going to be moving.”

Meanwhile, the Ligue de Football Professionnel’s president, Frédéric Thiriez, and director-general, Jean-Pierre Hugues, have attended a meeting with France’s anti-hooligan body the DLNH “to ensure that all the weekend’s matches will benefit from the highest possible security measures”.

Thiriez is then due to attend France’s friendly against England at Wembley Stadium on Tuesday night.

• Admin

Away fans will be banned from top football matches in France until mid-December with the country in a state of emergency following the Paris attacks and because of the forthcoming climate summit in the capital.

The French League said in a statement: “The Interior Ministry has issued an order banning away fans for the 15th round of Ligue 1 matches, and the 16th round of matches of Ligue 2, this weekend.

“Another order, with the same provisions, will be issued very soon regarding the 16th, 17th, 18th rounds of Ligue 1, the 17th and 18th rounds of Ligue 2, the eighth round of the French Cup and the round of the Europa League.

“These decisions are justified by the lack of police forces available in a period of the state of emergency and by the organisation of the COP21 (Climate Summit).”

France has been in a state of emergency since the co-ordinated terrorist attacks that killed 130 and injured at least 350.

The climate summit will be held in Paris from 30 November-11 December.