European Football Thread

IAceI

Why has the season kicked off earlier this year? My friend is in Malaga at the moment and says it's getting as high as 40 in the day and mid to low 30s at night which is insane! I found trying to live in high 20s low 30s difficult in Barcelona, I would never have wanted to play football in that heat!

Edited by Sam

The season normally has 10pm kickoffs, so I don't see the fuss of a 11pm kickoff, it's not like anybody in Spain gose to bed before 2am :shifty:

And low 30's at night is still relatively low compared to when I lived there, it used to never drop below 36 in August.

EDIT: Although I lived a bit further down the coast where it was always a couple of degrees warmer.

The season normally has 10pm kickoffs, so I don't see the fuss of a 11pm kickoff, it's not like anybody in Spain gose to bed before 2am :shifty:

And low 30's at night is still relatively low compared to when I lived there, it used to never drop below 36 in August.

EDIT: Although I lived a bit further down the coast where it was always a couple of degrees warmer.

Ha too true, especially on a Saturday would be having dinner normally around 11.

Yeah I'm surprised it seems to be an issue, unless Malaga has a reasonably big ex-pat contingent? Can't say I'd like to be playing at eleven, but watching it at eleven on a satdy night just after me tea? Very Mediterranean.

Edited by Colly

Yeah I'm surprised it seems to be an issue, unless Malaga has a reasonably big ex-pat contingent? Can't say I'd like to be playing at eleven, but watching it at eleven on a satdy night just after me tea? Very Mediterranean.

Yeah, I'd probably say Malaga has one of the biggest ex-pat communities .. anywhere really.

That's just made me think, it's Spain, it's 30-40 degrees at night, I don't know many people who had pyjamas, most people slept naked/in boxers.

Can't really think of a shop that even sells pjs in Spain to be honest and yeh Malaga is pretty darn ex pat as is the whole of the costa del sol, hate going around there because I love the Spanish so much and there's not as much banter around there.

It was straightened up before the game tbf.

And watching the game right now, you're right Larz.

Y'know we're gonna have to somehow meet up for a pint or 2 for a game sometime soon.