European Football Thread

IAceI

Ronaldo currently upset, nobody seems to know why, 'rumors' out there that he's unhappy at Madrid, though I'm guessing it's all being blown out of proportion right now. Didn't celebrate his two goals because he was sad over something, a matter that was professional and not personal.

Ronaldo currently upset, nobody seems to know why, 'rumors' out there that he's unhappy at Madrid, though I'm guessing it's all being blown out of proportion right now. Didn't celebrate his two goals because he was sad over something, a matter that was professional and not personal.

Brendan Rodgers better get in touch with José and work something out.

Heh.

Worst Chelsea performance in...oh, how long? (Anyone care to hazard a guess?)

I see what you did there.

What I did was think "...Should I really avoid use of the word 'hazard' on purpose just because of the player's name? Nah I'll leave it in."

Is that what you saw? :shifty:

Oui.

According to the Spanish media it's because he feels the club supports Casillas more than him and that there's a distance between him and the Spaniards. Come back to Manchester Ronny!

Brendan Rodgers better get in touch with José and work something out.

An offer of £3m?

Didn't he do the not celebrating thing last year because he wasn't happy with how the fans and media were treating him? I'm pretty surprised they don't absolutely love him, any negative qualities are pretty much outweighed by the fact he'll score 60 goals a season and is 99% of the time a joy to watch.

Edited by Dynamite

Didn't he do the not celebrating thing last year because he wasn't happy with how the fans and media were treating him? I'm pretty surprised they don't absolutely love him, any negative qualities are pretty much outweighed by the fact he'll score 60 goals a season and is 99% of the time a joy to watch.

He is not spanish, there's their biggest problem.

Yes, Barcelona is a symbol of Catalonia and most of their players are either from that region or sympathizers with that "nation".

Anyway, being more serious with the whole "Ronaldo is sad" thing, there have been rumours for some time that there are two groups in the Real squad, and there were some problems between them. The two groups would be made, one of the mostly by the Spanish players and the second by the Portuguese and Brazilians. To that extent, there have been talks about Cristiano and Casillas being in bad terms with each other. I've been doubting it, but right now it could be true with this whole mess going around.

It could also be that players in Spain are now paying more taxes and so Ronaldo wants a raise, but I'm finding it hard to believe that Ronaldo's agent would let him do something as stupid as talking on tv about it.

He is not spanish, there's their biggest problem.

It's more "he's Portuguese"

And Hulk has been sold to Zenit for 48 million pounds. That makes him one of the most expensive players ever