European Football Thread

IAceI

Schalke have released Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sidney Sam. (Well suspended indefinitely and been told to find new clubs)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32693495

Edited by DavidMarrio

Potentially big pickups for a Prem side there, KPB got much, much better after leaving Portsmouth.

I think the only problem with Boateng would be his attitude. If QPR weren't getting relegated he'd be the perfect QPR signing. Could be worth a gamble though especially for teams lower down the league. Wages might be a problem like.

I remember Sidney Sam. He's the guy who posted "who the fuck is Chelsea London???" on social media and we were forced to come back and beat his team 5-0 by way of explanation.

Maybe Sidney Sam uses the Pro-Evo method of naming football teams? Could play for Brmingham Clarets next season

Boateng's attitude will probably be an obstacle, won't disagree on that. If the team is willing to back him though, I don't see why it wouldn't work. If he's somewhat realistic with his wage demands, I think he'd be a good fit for someone like Stoke or West Ham who need that extra edge going forward.

• Admin
A Spanish court is likely to decide on Wednesday the legality of a strike protesting against a new TV rights law called by the players' union (AFE), which is threatening the final two La Liga match days and King's Cup final. The AFE announced last week that players would go on strike indefinitely from 16 May, prompting the professional league (LFP), which represents the 42 clubs in the top two divisions, filed a petition to have the action declared illegal.

Potentially big pickups for a Prem side there, KPB got much, much better after leaving Portsmouth.

I think the only problem with Boateng would be his attitude. If QPR weren't getting relegated he'd be the perfect QPR signing. Could be worth a gamble though especially for teams lower down the league. Wages might be a problem like.

I remember Sidney Sam. He's the guy who posted "who the fuck is Chelsea London???" on social media and we were forced to come back and beat his team 5-0 by way of explanation.

Maybe Sidney Sam uses the Pro-Evo method of naming football teams? Could play for Brmingham Clarets next season

Come on get it right. West Midlands Village!

Marseille president Vincent Labrune is apparently interested in entering a Vitesse-ish relationship with Chelsea, with youngsters Charly Musonda and Jeremie Boga among those they are most interested on loaning out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-and-marseille-in-talks-to-establish-informal-loan-arrangement-for-blues-starlets-10248254.html

At this rate we'll have a loan team in every country of Western Europe. :shifty:

Basically the French clubs complained that the English clubs were getting much more TV money than them and suddenly Platini is alerted to (some of) the flaws in FFP that every amateur economist has been pointing out for years. Shock and awe.

Every club in the upper tier of their respective league loves FFP because it cements their position. Well, unless you're Man City or PSG, but that's because they've failed to be smart enough with their business model or in finding good-value transfer targets (cough, Mangala).

Ironic that in his quotes about needing to relax FFP, Platini mentions Abramovich by name, i.e.

The French press have questioned it since Roman Abramovich at Chelsea can buy players while in France they cannot.

...When actually Abramovich has been nailing FFP to the point of making a small net transfer profit last year. If they wanted to make the point properly, they'd ask why FFP allowed teams like Manchester United to make a £100m+ net transfer outlay while other clubs cannot.

But really, they should learn not to buy David Luiz for stupid money. :shifty:

• Like 1