Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks so good. Also, the novelization of Spider-Man: Homecoming has spoiled who Zendaya's character Michelle is. 

Spoiler

She's not Gwen or MJ reimagined or anything. Her last name is Toombs. 

So woah, Wonder Woman was super good.

Part way through the movie I was kind of down on anything that didn' directly involve Diana - but that was mostly cleared up by the way that the story wrapped it up, mostly concerns over how weak and eh the main villain was and even though in the end it still wasn't as great as I figured it could be in that regard, I figure it's the best that you could do with a WW1 storyline.

Any minor gripes that I have with some story elements that just seemed to be thrown around haphazardly are vastly overshadowed by the rest of it.

Although I am still kind of chuckling at the image of Ares after he was cast off Olympus still being a moustachioed 1910s British man. It seems like they didn't bother to reimagine how his form would look for that and the final fight as well.

Watching the Injustice 2 story and already noticed a plot hole 15 minutes in.

Spoiler

Damian kills Victor Zsasz early on in the conflict here but the comics show that near the end of the conflict Zsasz kills Alfred.

Also holy shit superman looks like young John Barrowman.

6 minutes ago, livid said:

Simon Kinberg will be directing The Dark Phoenix instead of Singer after all.

Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan, and Kodi Smit-McPhee all return and Jessica Chastain may join as the villain.

I really, really enjoyed Wonder Woman apart from the final 15/10 minutes. Gotten my hopes for the DCEU up a lot! Gal Gadot was wonderful! 

Don;t you guys think it was a lot like the first Cap America film? With Chris Pine playing the Peggy Carter role?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lars Kuyt said:

I really, really enjoyed Wonder Woman apart from the final 15/10 minutes. Gotten my hopes for the DCEU up a lot! Gal Gadot was wonderful! 

Don;t you guys think it was a lot like the first Cap America film? With Chris Pine playing the Peggy Carter role?

That did strike me as I was watching it.

WW was really good. It hasn't saved the DCEU or anything, but it makes me hopeful that Aquaman will be good - looking forward to both that and the Shazam film more than anything Batman or Superman related.

16 hours ago, Lars Kuyt said:

Gee, why do you say that?  Is it because

An American Captain named Steve gets into a German plane loaded with a weapon to kill a bunch of people and seemingly dies after telling his dark haired accented love interest he loves her?

• Like 5

I don't see why people have gotten their hopes up for other DC films because of Wonder Woman. WW was a fantastic film, but I attribute that to the particular artists who worked on it and their interpretation of WW. Unless those same people are working on the others, I've got zero interest in them. The stench of the previous DCU films still fills the air.

• Like 1

I don't think it's that unreasonable to be optimistic because, like you said, Wonder Woman worked because of the artists' interpretation of the character. It's not impossible that James Wan could do the same for Aquaman or Joss Whedon for Batgirl, etc.. Batman v Superman wasn't good but Zack Snyder isn't a very good director and while I appreciate most of David Ayer's work, he was clearly in over his head with Suicide Squad. Course correction into a decent cinematic universe isn't totally out of the question after only three movies.

Isn't Whedon taking over the helm for the Justice League movie as well? That could only be a positive for the film, surely?

I was trying my best not to be optimistic about Wonder Woman at all, but my expectations were still a little high, and the movie blew them out of the water.

Whedon took over what remains (I think mostly reshoots?) to help out Snyder, who clearly needs to be with family, but he says he's trying to keep in line with Snyder's vision. Speaking strictly of Snyder's artistic choices, that doesn't really get me enthused. Never mind the fact that this whole thing was rushed from the start, making it all the more meaningless.