Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Well the Arrow finale was just about perfect

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the way it wrapped everything up for everyone. But now I'm going to be upset if

Diggle and his family

aren't recurring or regulars on the upcoming Superman and Lois series. Especially considering what happened in this finale.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Birds of Prey is on track to be DCs worst opening weekend since Jonah Hex

53 minutes ago, Lint said:

Apparently Birds of Prey is on track to be DCs worst opening weekend since Jonah Hex

That stinks. But I feel like all of the ads i have seen were kinda shite, didn't really jazz me up to see it.

On 08/02/2020 at 19:55, Lint said:

It probably doesn't help that I didn't even realise it was out this week. Outside the posters and trailers at the cinema itself, I haven't seen any ads for it at all.

They're not going to release CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS as its own set. You'll have to buy either the final season of ARROW....or the entire series.

Meanwhile, although the other CW superhero shows end up on Netflix, for some reason BATWOMAN is going to HBO Max.

14 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

They're not going to release CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS as its own set. You'll have to buy either the final season of ARROW....or the entire series.

Meanwhile, although the other CW superhero shows end up on Netflix, for some reason BATWOMAN is going to HBO Max.

I believe the issue was the Warner were holding Batwoman back to be an exclusive on some upcoming streaming service of theirs - they even held it back from international distribution. 

On 08/02/2020 at 12:49, JMarushin said:

That stinks. But I feel like all of the ads i have seen were kinda shite, didn't really jazz me up to see it.

The ad campaign was absolutely terrible, which is a shame because outside of Wonder Woman it's the best DCEU movie I've seen. Ewan McGregor's Black Mask is far and away the best villain these movies have ever had, it's like he watched Leto's Joker and Eisenberg's Luthor and was like "you know what, I can play a better one of both of these characters at the same time."

The overall aesthetic of the movie is at times a little too extra for me but it's not as grating as the trailers made me fear (other than maybe the soundtrack, I didn't like some of the soundtrack choices). Outside of Cassandra Cain being a character that resembles Cassandra Cain in literally no way beyond "is Asian," I'm into all the takes on the characters in the movie, particularly Huntress.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I never knew this was a thing.  Makes me wonder how the Thomas Jane Punisher could've gone in the long run.  I really loved his Punisher movie, but it was an origin story at a time we didn't really know what an origin story was

Also, NSFW because of blood

• Like 1

I'm surprised you'd never seen that before. Adi Shankar produced it, I believe it was one of the first of his "bootleg universe" shorts.

That's hilarious. I was just listening to a Junkfood Cinema episode where C. Robert Cargill was talking about the time he met Neil Gaiman and asked him why there's no Sandman movie and Gaiman just sighed and told him who was trying to produce it, ".........Have you seen Wild Wild West?"

11 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

I'm surprised you'd never seen that before. Adi Shankar produced it, I believe it was one of the first of his "bootleg universe" shorts.

The Power Rangers and Venom ones are good, too, but  the Punisher one is my favorite.

Where are all the CW Seasons ending? Arrow is up on Netflix because it was a short season  but Flash and others aren't yet. I really wanna finish out Arrow but I need the rest for the Crossover.