Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the other way round really, it fills in the gaps and reacts to the movies without so far really influencing them. I wonder if Coulson will appear in Avengers 2 somewhere?

This. Shield is tied to 3 marvel movies so far. Avengers (obviously), Thor dark world and captain America 2.

Do you need to watch the movies? Well avengers you should watch anyways but it will tell you who the cameo people are and why coulson is important, but captain America 2 introduces a plot point that becomes pivotal in this series. Dark world? It's more them gaining a clue of something in aftermath of it.

As Colly said, reactions to the movies.

Which episodes fit around Cap 2 by the way, I really struggled to follow them having not seen it, so a rewatch is probably a good idea. Back end of season 1?

End Of The Beginning (episode 16) is a good lead up to it, but Turn Turn Turn (17) is the immediate follow-up to Cap 2

Which episodes fit around Cap 2 by the way, I really struggled to follow them having not seen it, so a rewatch is probably a good idea. Back end of season 1?

Pretty much the entire end of the season, from around episode 15?

Also: David Tennant joins AKA Jessica Jones as Purple Man/"Kilgrave".

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23978/david_tennant_joins_marvels_aka_jessica_jones_for_netflix

Also some plot points about the show, that it'll be based around Jessica Jones rebuilding her life as a detective after her short stint as a superhero went wrong. The article also confirms that we'll see Mike Colter as Luke Cage in this series in a starring role.

• Like 3

First trailer for the new Fantastic Four movie

Do we know if Agent Carter is being aired in the UK at some point, or is it another Netflix thing?

As far as I am aware, no one has picked it up.

Planning on watching the Burton Batmans and figured Mask of Phantasm might be a better choice after that than moving onto the Schumacer ones but since I've seen none of the animated series it comes from, is that going to be a hinderance?

Not as much of a hinderance as watching the Schumacher films will be

• Like 1

Well ummm...visually it looks better than I thought it would? That's the only good thing I can say. There is barely even anything in that to indicate that it's a Fantastic Four movie. Lord knows when you think Fantastic Four you think GRIMDARK.

Here's a bit from an interview Trank did with Collider:

The film is heavily influenced by David Cronenberg and Trank mentioned that Scanners and The Fly were big influences on the look of the film.

Yep! David fucking Cronenberg is absolutely the influence a Fantastic Four film needs. Holy Christ, Fox deserves this bomb.

A lot of the early reports out there are indicating Fox isn't happy, no one likes Josh Trank and he's probably not going to get another shot at a big budget movie for awhile.

Well ummm...visually it looks better than I thought it would? That's the only good thing I can say. There is barely even anything in that to indicate that it's a Fantastic Four movie. Lord knows when you think Fantastic Four you think GRIMDARK.

Here's a bit from an interview Trank did with Collider:

The film is heavily influenced by David Cronenberg and Trank mentioned that Scanners and The Fly were big influences on the look of the film.

Yep! David fucking Cronenberg is absolutely the influence a Fantastic Four film needs. Holy Christ, Fox deserves this bomb.

A lot of the early reports out there are indicating Fox isn't happy, no one likes Josh Trank and he's probably not going to get another shot at a big budget movie for awhile.

I've been saying it for a while - but why the fuck was he getting all these chances in the first place? Because of one moderate, found footage hit?

The trailer looks alright. It's not the Fantastic Four I want, but I'll watch most anything with Miles Tellar. I just have no interest in knowing what the story is. And this trailer didn't help that at all.

Nah you're gonna love body horror Fantastic Four. I hope The Thing vomits profusely, all the time.

At least Fox is consistent, the last FF films were the worst versions of the type of super hero movies that were being put out following Spider-Man. This one will likely be the worst vision of the dark and gritty trend.