Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Ultimate Spider-Man's coming back on March 5th (it's only been a near six-month wait), with the four part Spider-Verse arc. Miles Morales is going to be in it! And Spider-Man 2099! And Spider-Girl! And most importantly..

Donald Glover is voicing Miles! :w00t:

They're not going to do Miles without doing Peter first. That'd be like making a movie with Superman and doing the Future's end story with

Billy Batson

without having Clark Kent in one first.

Absolutely would be. Both are replacement characters(At least in one continuity) for the most known character in a role. You can't do the replacement without doing the original first unless you want to change something big about the replacement, which is the fact that they have a legacy to live up to.

Unless you're just gonna say "Fuck it" and completely make your own storyline and character histories...

You can't have Val-Zod Superman without Clark Kent Superman

You can't have Bucky Cap without Steve as Cap

You can't have Dick as Batman without Bruce as Batman

You can't have Miles as Spider-Man without Peter as Spider-Man.

Edited by Kirkland

There is no Peter yet in the MCU though. The other movies don't count. They don't need to do another origin movie but the first Spider-Man you see in the MCU needs to be Peter. I imagine they'll intro him in someone else's movie, he'll be around and do his thing in Civil War then he'll get his own movie and die in it then they'll do Miles as Spider-Man.

Edited by Kirkland

"Hey. We need to find more heroes to fight this Thanos guy."

"I heard about this guy Spider-Man."

"Cool. Get him."

And boom. Peter Parker lives in the MCU.

Edit: And to further the point.

"Oh, we're looking for Spider-Man. Heard it was Peter Parker."

"Peter Parker was Spider-Man, but he's dead now. There's another Spider-Man out there."

"Oh okay. We'll take that one."

• Like 1

So Ultimate Spider-Man's coming back on March 5th (it's only been a near six-month wait), with the four part Spider-Verse arc. Miles Morales is going to be in it! And Spider-Man 2099! And Spider-Girl! And most importantly..

Donald Glover is voicing Miles! :w00t:

I'm sure I've already seen that, he also meets Spider-Ham and a 30's style Spidey with airships and whatnot? Am I from the future?