Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Movie studios tend to cater to the general public, who may only have a casual acquaintance to particular characters. Not hardcore fans. Most people would be confused if they used Morales instead of Parker. I don't think Morales should be done at all, unless he's a character in addition to, not replacing, Parker. But the proper way to do it would be to introduce him in a movie with Parker as the lead. (For the record, I do love Morales' costume)

The MCU is more or less 616 with some things from Ultimates: Nick Fury is the Ultimate version, Captain America and Hawkeye have the Ultimate version of their outfits, but Cap is straight up the 616 version and Hawkeye seems to be a mix of the two. (Is the Tesseract the Ultimate Universe version of the Cosmic Cube, or did some dimbulb just decide a name change was in order?)

As was said already, most of the Ultimate Universe versions of characters (especially the Avengers) are straight-up assholes.

One thing I'm wondering about the upcoming Avengers sequel:

Is Vision basically going to be J.A.R.V.I.S. with a body?

Edited by GhostMachine

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't a fan of seeing USM go from Peter to Miles just because I loved Peter so much but I don't see anything wrong with how they did it or why they couldn't adapt it to the MCU

Unmasked Peter dies fighting a villain and is treated as a saint afterwards. Miles get powers and decides to be the new Spider-Man.

Edited by Kirkland

Why is everyone seemingly obsessed with Morales?

Because he's more interesting than Peter Parker. We've all read the same Peter Parker as Spider-Man books, seen the same Peter Parker as Spider-Man films for the past 14 years, etc. Peter's stale. This is coming from a huge Spider-Man fan; he's stale. I want to see Miles get a shot in a mainstream film.

I just got done reading Miles entire run as Spider-Man and honestly, he's really no more interesting. His characters and villains are entirely lifted from Parker. Aside from Ganke and his dad, Miles friends are all Parkers. The character has no voice of his own, which probably comes down to being written by Bendis, but still. There's a lot of aspects of Peter Parker that we haven't seen done, or done well at least. Fuck, I'd argue we've yet to have a good Spider-Man, despite Garfield making a good Peter.

I'm fine with changing up the race of Peter Parker if that's the sticking point for people, but Miles Morales hasn't really been interesting enough in his 40 odd comic history to make me want a film about him. The only benefit I can see of Miles is that we're not locked into him ending up with MJ or Gwen, but considering MJ wasn't exactly well done by Raimi, I'd be fine with a new take on that character too.

• Like 1

So, there are new details regarding The Spider-Man series.

Drew Goddard has been chosen to write and direct the reboot. It will called Spectacular Spider-Man.

Key things to look for in the new series

• No new origin story, Spidey exists from the beginning, taken as a given
  • New actor, probably an unknown, he will be specifically based in High School and they want him to be able to grow up into the role. The thought being if this works, Spidey can do multiple trilogies for years ala Harry Potter.
  • A major part of the first film will involve Spider- Man fighting Iron Man and then trying to pass the “audition” to join the Avengers
  • The first film will involved the Sinister Six coming together with the thought to later maybe spin them off.

More here: http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-marvel-and-sonys-spider-man-writer-and-director-revealed

• Like 1

I especially like that the Aunt May film is donezo because what the actual fuck?

Good. Now maybe Cloudy will shut up about Miles `no one else gives a fuck about' Morales......

Wow. Shut up.

• Like 3

All of that sounds fine and/or totally correct to me.

It's the best way to go about it.

Marvel is in full control of the property, yeah?

Sony has the final say on all things Spidey. It sounds like Marvel is pretty much in control, but Sony has the power to overrule any decisions made and enforce their own.

Shouldn't have said what I said the way I said it. I was having a bad couple of days and let it affect me here. I apologize for that. But out of all the boards I visit, this is seriously the only one where anyone thinks doing a Miles Morales movie is a good idea. And since the Ultimate comics line is tanking (and being relaunched, which may or may not fix that problem), I could only see them using Morales as a sidekick or possible antagonist (mistaken for a villain, big fight, then the two team up) first, but not a solo film right out of the gate.

I'll be surprised if they don't eventually do an animated, direct to video with him, though. (Possibly using Donald Glover, who did the voice on the Ultimate Spider-Man episode he was in)

That's the last I'm going to say on the subject.

Personally, I'd like to see Agent Venom used, but I don't see that happening.

• Like 1

Isn't USM the only consistently popular Ultimate book?

Also, Glover sucks as Miles. Miles is a kid and Glover sounds very much like a full grown man.

Well, yeah, out of the two currently ongoing in Ultimate Comics... of which he's in both. The comic is doing alright, it sells more than enough to not be in danger of cancellation, but it's not exactly doing Rocket Raccoon numbers.

Well, yeah, out of the two currently ongoing in Ultimate Comics... of which he's in both. The comic is doing alright, it sells more than enough to not be in danger of cancellation, but it's not exactly doing Rocket Raccoon numbers.

There are two ongoing Ultimate comics? Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man is one, which is the other? I can only think of All-New Ultimates, but that one's already done.

Also, Glover sucks as Miles. Miles is a kid and Glover sounds very much like a full grown man.

Nah. That's wrong. He works fine for voicework.

But if they are going to go with Miles Morales or a teenage Peter Parker, Glover would be too old to play him, so that's out.

There are two ongoing Ultimate comics? Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man is one, which is the other? I can only think of All-New Ultimates, but that one's already done.

It already ended? Then yeah, in that case, he's the top selling Ultimate Comic in the line, of the one comic in that line. Which is his. >_>

If the books aren't doing well, then I wouldn't expect a movie featuring ANY Ultimate versions of characters to do well, either.

And I actually meant past tense on the Ultimate comics tanking in my previous post. Its been over a year since the line was cancelled and the two titles restarted, but they're still not doing that great from what I've heard.

Isn't USM the only consistently popular Ultimate book?

The idea for Miles came from seeing Glover wearing Spider-Man pjs on an episode of Community, which is probably why they got him to do the voice. But I'm with you on that.

(Would probably need to have a woman do his voice, like they do with kids and some teens)