Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mind the old films, as thought it was probably about as good as FF films could get at the time (now I know Marvel studios would probably do a good job nowadays).

The Galactus thing could have been more awesome, but I think it still stayed true to the (Ultimate) comics didn't it? Oh and I had absolutely no issue with Jessica Alba.

Reed and Doom - Two of the smartest men in the Marvel Universe - got drunk while working on something? I love the people that make films at times. 

Apparently it gets worse

Its clobberin time is said by Ben Grimms father before he beats him..

Edited by Lint

Still rated worse then Pixels

This article here has a very spoilerific list that talks about ways the new Fantastic Four movie is screwed, after having watched it. If you're on the fence and don't mind being spoiled, I guess you could read it. 

Now, I wasn't on the fence, as I had absolutely no interest in watching this since every single trailer looked completely awful to me, but wow, I didn't think it would be this bad.

A now deleted tweet from Josh Trank about Fantastic Four

j5TOiuN.jpg

From an interview with Kate Mara.

"I’ve never been a fan of comics, I’ve never actually read one. I was going to for this movie but the director said it wasn’t necessary. Well, actually he told us that we shouldn’t do it because the plot won’t be based on any history of anything already published. So I chose to follow his instructions."

Mmm, yeah, Trank is a fucking moron. From what I can gather, the changes they've made were basically to salvage the piece of shit he'd made of it. Between this and the Star Wars issues, the guy seems like an absolute delusional artist.

j5TOiuN.jpg

"I’ve never been a fan of comics, I’ve never actually read one. I was going to for this movie but the director said it wasn’t necessary. Well, actually he told us that we shouldn’t do it because the plot won’t be based on any history of anything already published. So I chose to follow his instructions."

Mmm, yeah, Trank is a fucking moron. From what I can gather, the changes they've made were basically to salvage the piece of shit he'd made of it. Between this and the Star Wars issues, the guy seems like an absolute delusional artist.

j5TOiuN.jpg

Oh man I had completely forgotten about that KAte Mara quote

I imagine it could go a similar way to Spider-Man. The reason behind that was that their franchise wasn't doing well and it was either a case of waiting years to reboot or making money now by signing it away to Marvel.

It'd probably even be easier, because I don't think the general public would even remember there was a Fantastic Four film if they reboot it a few years down the line.

It's going to be harder for Marvel to get the Fantastic Four rights than Spider-Man because Fox isn't as desperate as Sony is/was. Marvel won't have the same leverage because Fox actually has alternatives. Spidey was Sony's big franchise and it was losing money. FF is a bit of an afterthought to the X-Men universe they're building. Marvel's in the same position, though, where while having the ability to use those characters sounds great, it's not exactly necessary to what they're doing either so the deal has to be just so in order for it to be worth it.