Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not exactly shocking that Marvel Studio's adaptations of Marvel's comics are leagues above anybody else's but the Amazing Spider-Man series kinda sucking and then this debacle is a clear trend.

Fox should really just swallow their pride, do a Sony and enter some sort of deal with Marvel.

I like hearing the comparisons to other films for reference. The following is all C&P from various sites:

Fantastic Four (2015) came in well behind the first two films, Fantastic Four (2005) ($56.1 million) and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer ($58.1 million).

Fantastic Four did even less than 2011 flop The Green Hornet ($33.5 million).

In 2012, Ghost Rider: The Spirit of Vengeance, from Sony, launched to $22.1 million (that movie cost notably less to make). Green Lantern is still the biggest major superhero bomb in recent years grossing $21 million its opening day

Edited by I Diem

Trank is the current guest on Fatman on Batman. He started talking FF on part three last week.

About FF starting off as Chronicle 2, he says he was asking for X-Men and they offered him FF instead.

Edited by Kirkland

I could not be more happy that Fantastic Four bombed. Fuck Josh Trank.

I think the biggest thing to come from it will be that studios will be very hesitant to to drastically sway from the source material when it comes to casting. I bet there's some delusional executive somewhere at Fox saying that people didn't see the movie because Michael B. Jordan was Johnny Storm.

• 2 weeks later...

CA:CW 'teams' revealed

1404136616081398191.jpg

Edited by Lint

• 3 weeks later...