Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that didn't work for me at all, especially because the CG looks video-game esq. It's a shame, because there are people in that film whose work I enjoy, but for something that should feel incredibly large in scale, it somehow feels quite underwhelming. 

• Like 1

Wait, now Doomsday's in this, too? So in the space of 3 hours, they have to introduce Lex, Doomsday, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and I suppose reintroduce the entire cast from the Batman universe. And incorporate an hour long final battle that destroys what looks like 2 or 3 cities. Huh.

I've already seen a few Teenage Mutant Ninja Doomsday things

I've tried to stay positive throughout all the BvS stuff, but yeah, even I can't stand that trailer. It was cringeworthy, ruined what could have been some great suprise moments, and Jesse Eisenberg remains probably the worst casting in a superhero film since Jessica Alba.

• Like 1

Yeah that took me out of the whole feel. I don't mind the CGI but the fact there are so many new characters in the film, unless it's 3-hours long, how on earth can you possibly hope to do it any form of justice?

You've got to fit in Superman discovering Batman, Superman fighting with Batman, the reveal of why Batman wants to take out Superman, Lex Luthor's goal, the introduction of Wonder Woman, the introduction of Aqua Man (?), the "putting aside our differences" of Batman and Superman among so many other things. Marvel did it over multiple films yet DC are trying to fit ALL of that in one film? I actually really enjoyed Man of Steel and gave the ending the benefit of the doubt to see where they were going, and liked the initial idea of Batman vs. Superman with the idea it would lay the basic foundations of a Justice League film but I think I've lost all faith now.

Yeah, I'm far more intrigued by Suicide Squad, stupid looking Joker aside.  I'll absolutely be going to see BvS, but I haven't ever been particularly excited about it and this trailer didn't help things.

3 hours ago, Benji said:

He comes across more like The Joker in that trailer, and not a good one either.

When he interrupted the Bruce/Clark conversation with that laugh, it reminded me of the Joker.

Also, does anyone find it particularly funny or clever that Luthor has long, flowing locks that no doubt will be damaged so he ends up bald?

To add to the clusterfuck, isn't Cyborg supposed to be in this too?

9 hours ago, TMM said:

Yeah that took me out of the whole feel. I don't mind the CGI but the fact there are so many new characters in the film, unless it's 3-hours long, how on earth can you possibly hope to do it any form of justice?

You've got to fit in Superman discovering Batman, Superman fighting with Batman, the reveal of why Batman wants to take out Superman, Lex Luthor's goal, the introduction of Wonder Woman, the introduction of Aqua Man (?), the "putting aside our differences" of Batman and Superman among so many other things. Marvel did it over multiple films yet DC are trying to fit ALL of that in one film? I actually really enjoyed Man of Steel and gave the ending the benefit of the doubt to see where they were going, and liked the initial idea of Batman vs. Superman with the idea it would lay the basic foundations of a Justice League film but I think I've lost all faith now.

One film? It looks like they tried to fit that all in one trailer. I don't have high hopes for this.

Edited by DanielBryanZ
  • Like 1

The ending of that trailer and how neither knew who Wonder Woman was made me feel that this might end in a cliffhanger. Like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and possibly Aquaman facing Doomsday in a heroic shot and cut, and then the next movie being about them getting their asses kicked until Justice League is formed.