Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During a panel in Brazil, Batman vs. Superman's costume designer dropped that

Spoiler

Ezra Miller will have a cameo as The Flash. Can't remember if that's been reported previously or not.

• Like 1

Yea, not gonna lie, most of what he says is how I felt about the trailer

He only became a reporter at the end of the last movie and I doubt he cares enough to notice much of anything about a celeb billionaire. I imagine most of what he reports on is Superman, which would be why Lex knows who he is when he introduces the two. Plus we don't even know if he doesn't know who Bruce is,  he might just not know what he looks like. I'm sure most people in this country know the name "Kardashian" because of fame and money but I don't think every single one could pick them out of a lineup. Clark's next line could be "Oh, that's Bruce Wayne? Never actually seen him before. Nice to put a face to the name."

48 minutes ago, Kirkland said:

He only became a reporter at the end of the last movie and I doubt he cares enough to notice much of anything about a celeb billionaire. I imagine most of what he reports on is Superman, which would be why Lex knows who he is when he introduces the two. Plus we don't even know if he doesn't know who Bruce is,  he might just not know what he looks like. I'm sure most people in this country know the name "Kardashian" because of fame and money but I don't think every single one could pick them out of a lineup. Clark's next line could be "Oh, that's Bruce Wayne? Never actually seen him before. Nice to put a face to the name."

Most people aren't reporters. That is a terrible example.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Benkid Nada said:

Yeah, the moment Clark Kent, a reporter, doesn't recognize one of the most famous multi-billionaires in the world, I sort of lost any small hope I had for this film.

It's very likely Clark is feigning ignorance, that's one of his best powers as Clark Kent - the more bumbling and stupid he is, the less people would suspect that a guy like him is Superman, and the more they'd be willing to let their guard down too.

That, and do you really think all reporters know the faces of every billionaire in the world anyway? o_O 

And that video was shitty, just someone finding any tiny thing they could to criticise for cheap likes. I'm not exactly hyped for this film, but that video was basically everything I hate about nerd culture.

• Like 3

There are tons of billionaires in the world, how many would be known if they walked into the room right now? Zuckerberg, Gates, Branson, Trump?

I'm sure there are tons of tech sector billionaires that nobody knows of outside of Silicon Valley. Out of everything to pick on in from that trailer, I think that point is the silliest to focus on.

• Like 1

Well, with how he's always been shown, I'd assume Bruce Wayne would be one of those that you'd recognize

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheSqauredCircleMessiah said:

There are tons of billionaires in the world, how many would be known if they walked into the room right now? Zuckerberg, Gates, Branson, Trump?

I'm sure there are tons of tech sector billionaires that nobody knows of outside of Silicon Valley. Out of everything to pick on in from that trailer, I think that point is the silliest to focus on.

Except that Bruce Wayne is one of the most recognizable billionaires, considering the work Wayne Enterprises did for Gotham City and the fucking huge Trump Tower-like building they have. Also, this isn't just anybody we're talking about, this is a reporter that works for one of the biggest newspapers in the world that reports on current events. It's hard to believe he doesn't know who the fuck Bruce Wayne is.

Its billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne, he gets in the news.  He's not some faceless CEO.  That's the whole point of the Wayne persona is to get in the news and make it seem like he's always living this luxurious party boy lifestyle so he couldn't possible be Batman. 

• Like 5

Yeah, but there's no correlation to real life.  We know Bruce Wayne's stature in the universe this film is set in and based on.  It's just little omissions and changes like this that show they still can't get things right.  The only thing they have seemed to learn from Marvel is that a big crossover movie like this can work; not that you can stay faithful to the comics and the characters and be successful.  

See their Lex Luthor for a great example of this.  Yeah, you can change him up, make a young tech billionaire and maybe it will work out great...but why?  Why do you need to do that?  What is wrong with having a Lex Luthor that matches his characterization with the comics?  We've never had one of those.  As much shit as I give the ridiculous look they've given Joker in Suicide Squad, I understand that they're following up an iconic version of the character and want to do their own thing.  That's not the case for Lex; no one is holding up Spacey or Hackman's performance in high regard.

Combine that with the fact that they're apparently putting 95% of the entire DC universe in this film and it just don't think it's going to be a great film.  I'll be seeing it opening day, but I'm expecting that, at best, its only going to be a decent movie.

Edited by Maxx
  • Like 5

I don't think it's going to be great, or even that good, I've tried to remain optimistic about the thing but I'm not, but I still say Clark not necesarilly knowing who Bruce Wayne is, is the most absurd nitpicky thing to be bothered by in a film riddled with actual problems, especially when it's entirely understandable.

• Like 2