Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

People saying he's a reporter, he should know who Bruce Wayne is, well I highly doubt the political correspondents of the world know who the likes of Kyle Jenner is. Clark Kent's focus might not be on the world that Bruce Wayne inhabits.

Superman knows "exactly" who Bruce Wayne is and like people have said, Clark is supposed to be bumbling enough so people would never guess he could be Superman, and I could almost guarantee there will be a line in the film where someone says "how do you not know who Bruce Wayne is?"

• Like 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-batman-v-superman-marketing-needs-to-stop-pretendin-1748574866

the sponsored content on Fortune and Wired is a whole new level of strange. Fortune’s came out on October 5 and is a profile on Lex Luthor. It’s not a video of Jesse Eisenberg in character as Lex Luthor. It’s a written “article” about the life of fictional character Lex Luthor. And it is exactly as infuriating as it sounds. Here’s a representative sample:

As we patiently wait our turn at the complimentary LexCorp vegan food truck (this day’s fare: pesto-olive pizza with raw almond crust), the son of Alexander Luthor Sr. – Lex Luthor – explains the evolution of LexCorp.

Complimentary LexCorp vegan food truck. Turn that over in your head for a bit. Turning LexCorp into a parody of a hip Silicon Valley workspace doesn’t really sell the whole “he’s the villain” angle. Mostly, it just reminds us that Eisenberg did this role already in a better movie.

Want to see the dastardly Lex Luthor fall even more in your esteem? Here you go!

“Well, Dad was a complicated guy,” his down-to-Earth son notes as we pass a tasteful display of his world-famous collection of meteorite crystals. “He came from a country where the government, in the guise of protector, had absolute control over the citizens. That drove him. I get it. Heck, I’d hate to see that sort of thing happen over here.”

“Heck,” he says. And “darn” and “shoot,” I’m sure.

As for the accusations of a few fringe outliers who accuse him of being a “war monger,” Luthor just laughs them off. “I don’t know very many ‘war mongers’ who have a foosball table in the conference room.”

This is the content meant to sell us on Batman v Superman. It is not doing a good job. In fact, it is doing active harm. Because it is impossible to take Lex seriously now. It’s also impossible to take seriously a world where this article exists. It ends with, “It’s just lucky for us that, whatever the dangers lurking for us today, we have on our side Lex Luthor, a man of tomorrow.” No. Stop.

So yea... this movie will be trash

• Like 1

Just got to the Hank Henshaw reveal on Supergirl.

Spoiler

Fuuuuuuck yes. Like ten words into his monologue I was like "omg IS HE MARTIAN MANHUNTER"  and he is.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TheSqauredCircleMessiah said:

Does  the February release for Deadpool mean what I think it does or is FOX trying to shoot for a weekend with no competition?

Look at what Kingsman: The Secret Service made in a similar slot this year and you'll see why Fox is repeating it. R rated action movies is smart programming against typical Valentine's Day fare and even smarter when you have a following like Deadpool's. 

• Like 1

I mean the trailers show he goes through the procedure so he can do right by the woman he loves.  What screams VAlentines Day more then a guy becoming a nearly immortal insane mercenary?

• Like 6

New red band trailer.  Seriously, this movie looks fucking awesome

• Like 4

BEHOLD THE CUMBERSTRANGE

2lYCtsW.jpg

He looks...exactly like I figured Benedict Cumberbatch playing Dr. Strange would look.

Edited by Maxx
  • Like 7

I saw that cover and thought that he looked perfect. It's undeniably Dr. Strange, he's got the hair and beard down, I'm happy. I mean I was happy anyway but I'm even happier now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...