Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

5 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Season 4 is a major improvement, though where I'm at they seem to be veering back to Nanda Parbat and ugh, no.

I think what sums up season 3 more than anything is that Felicity, the comic relief, spends like 80% of it crying. It got so bad that Emily Bett Rickards actually commented on how she was hoping to do less of that in season 4. The flashbacks were awful and super-padded, and too much of the season hinges on flat performances ('sup Amanda Waller and Ra's al Ghul).

See, I don't think Matt Nable did too bad as Ra's, but there were a few things going against him

1.  He a few years after Liam Neeson killed it as Ra's in Batman Begins

2.  John Barrowman and Manu Bennett were fantastic in their roles and memorable, then when you watch season 4, Neal McDonough is also amazing as his character.  It does make Matt Nable feel like the worst of the foour

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean we have an Arrow thread but I'm glad this is happening in here cause I haven't watched the latest episode. But anyway, I agree that Neal McDonough has been fantastic and has made season 4 interesting SO OF COURSE he gets placed in the backburner for more R'as shit and oh my god nobody gives a fuck. 

• Like 1

On 19/02/2016 at 08:12, Benji said:

Tranq'd Jarvis is my new favourite Jarvis :lol:

Jarvelous! 

On 2/19/2016 at 06:46, Lint said:

See, I don't think Matt Nable did too bad as Ra's, but there were a few things going against him

1.  He a few years after Liam Neeson killed it as Ra's in Batman Begins

2.  John Barrowman and Manu Bennett were fantastic in their roles and memorable, then when you watch season 4, Neal McDonough is also amazing as his character.  It does make Matt Nable feel like the worst of the foour

Nah, different strokes and all but I thought he was horrible. To me it felt like his take on Ra's was "I've lived forever and seen everything and now everything is boring to me," and making that the choice only works if you have a shit-ton of gravitas, and he didn't. Shame that Neeson wasn't free to reprise the role like he suggested he might be willing to do, because if you're going to do white-guy mispronounced-name Ra's, you better have Liam Neeson to pull that shit off.

ANYWAY. Civil War! Martin Freeman's character has been revealed as not Henry Gyrich as speculated, but rather Everett Ross, who is a US government agent based in... Wakanda. So now I'm rooting that he doesn't die and instead shows up in Black Panther too!

Behind the cut, a new image from the movie of a returning villain:

Spoiler

22-captain-america-empire-3.nocrop.w529.

Looking pretty Purge-y there, Crossbones.

8 minutes ago, Benji said:

Did something contravertial happen in episode seven of this season of AoS? The episode recording is only 50 mins when it's usually 60, but nothing seemed to be missing.

Nothing that I remember, the episode says it's 41 minutes for me without ads, which is the average run-time of episodes.

Edited by Jasonmufc

53 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Nah, different strokes and all but I thought he was horrible. To me it felt like his take on Ra's was "I've lived forever and seen everything and now everything is boring to me," and making that the choice only works if you have a shit-ton of gravitas, and he didn't. Shame that Neeson wasn't free to reprise the role like he suggested he might be willing to do, because if you're going to do white-guy mispronounced-name Ra's, you better have Liam Neeson to pull that shit off.

ANYWAY. Civil War! Martin Freeman's character has been revealed as not Henry Gyrich as speculated, but rather Everett Ross, who is a US government agent based in... Wakanda. So now I'm rooting that he doesn't die and instead shows up in Black Panther too!

Behind the cut, a new image from the movie of a returning villain:

Reveal hidden contents

Ross? Wonder if he'll be related to Thunderbolt.

OK. So I know I'm way behind on this, but I'm almost to the end of season 1 of The Flash, and I just have to know:

Am I supposed to be sympathetic to Iris in this show? Because all I keep thinking is: "This character is a real cunt."

Catching up on Supergirl before the crossover.  On up to episode 9

It gets SO much better once they reveal Henshaw is the Martian Manhunter!

• Like 1

Well, Zoom was revealed tonight and boy am I confused about all these timelines and alternate Earths. Gahhhh, my head hurts. And I'm still going for the Man in the Iron Mask = Wally West. But I'm bad with these guessing games.

Spoiler

Zoom is Hunter Zolomon

We has a Flash thread young Tristy!

And apparently the director's cut of Batman/Superman is rated R.  Because Superman is totally a character that needs to be in an R rated movie, director's cut or not.

• Like 2