Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I'd fallen massively behind and thought I'd wait until they were complete to watch. While I'm at it, other than the one that introduced the Hawk people just before legends started, is there any other crossover stuff?

1 hour ago, Avenged said:

Thanks, I'd fallen massively behind and thought I'd wait until they were complete to watch. While I'm at it, other than the one that introduced the Hawk people just before legends started, is there any other crossover stuff?

Off the top of my head, John and Lyla Diggle appear in a Flash episode ("King Shark") that heavily addresses a character death in Arrow, and the season finale of Legends of Tomorrow addresses another character death in Arrow. Legends also has some other characters show up but not in ways that really significantly spoil anything.

Speaking of, since I watched that Legends of Tomorrow finale just now:

Spoiler

I'm super-excited for the Justice Society next season, and also super-excited that Hawkman and Hawkgirl won't be there next season. Killing off Captain Cold is a huge drag, though; I guess they chose him because Wentworth Miller will be doing Prison Break next season?

Flash finale tomorrow, and then Arrow sometime next week or something probably.

I'd probably try to watch Arrow and Flash alternatingly for the tonal shifts and so on, and because they're sort of meant as companion shows. And also because I just... wouldn't bingewatch Arrow. That's not healthy. Flash has had its problems this year too but you could do with the pick-me-up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brenchill said:

I watched the first episode of Flash and really didn't like it, it just didn't grab my attention.  I've downloaded the first few episodes of Arrow, so I'm hoping I'll enjoy that more since I've heard nothing but good reviews.

... do you guys want to tell him or should I?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brenchill said:

I watched the first episode of Flash and really didn't like it, it just didn't grab my attention.  I've downloaded the first few episodes of Arrow, so I'm hoping I'll enjoy that more since I've heard nothing but good reviews.

if you didn't like the first episode of The Flash and are dropping it that quick, I'm not convinced the first episode of Arrow will be any different. The first half of season 1 isn't really all that fondly remembered.

• Like 1

Okay, I need a dose of fun to go along with all this dreadful revision I'm doing so I'm going to watch Supergirl first, which presumably remains fun. Then I'll switch to alternating Arrow/Flash, I think I might have made it to mid-season, or just before, so its only gonna be like one season in total anyway. 

• Like 1

Arrow midseason by midseason:

1.0 - cheesey, struggling to find its place
1.5 - getting good, finds its stride
2.0 - the show is actually good, the seeds of the DCTVU start building too
2.5 - fantastic, the best of the show and by far some of the best TV of the year
3.0 - not quite as good as 2.5 but probably has some better individual episodes
3.5 - the show starts showing serious cracks out of nowhere, but the positivity of the previous two midseasons manages to keep it together for the most part
4.0 - the show comes back and is pretty awful, but may be redeemable
4.5 - the show is an absolute mess, a shocking debacle and pretty much universally derided, I've never seen a show fall so hard from grace, not even Heroes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Yeah, I didn't like it either. Supposedly it got better but I'm getting more ruthless with stuff I watch too, sick of spending time hate watching stuff.

I don't have much free time so watching a TV series is a pretty big commitment for me.  I give shows one episode, two at a push.  It was only the last 5 minutes of Jessica Jones episode 1 that made me come back for more.

Watched Antman again...I gotta say, I think Paxton, the potential stepfather, is a fantastically written character

• Like 3

Reports right now are that Thor: Ragnarok is going to incorporate some of the Planet Hulk storyline into it. It's also got Jeff Goldblum playing the Grandmaster, Karl Urban as Skurge/The Executioner, and Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie. 

• Like 2

I would LOVE Karl Urban in the MCU