Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Latino Review, who apparently were the first ones to mention the possibility of a GotG movie, posted a rumor that I really hope to God is true.

if you don't want to see the clip, I'll break it down to you in the spoiler tag:

Phase 2: At the end of the Avengers 2 movie, the Hulk is shipped into a rocket by Marvel Studios' version of the Illuminati and shot off into space;

Phase 3, a Hulk movie based on the Planet Hulk story from the comics.

Avengers 3: Hulk returns to Earth for World War Hulk.

Given that Marvel is known to apparently plan their movies well in advance, I'll just hope this is true, because if it is... Nerdgasms galore in the coming years.

• 2 weeks later...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. I'm sure he'll do well, but I kind of wanted a... well, not younger Norman Osbourne, but more like a power hungry guy in his late 30's/early 40's that gets pushed over the edge. I still say Willem Dafoe was pretty great casting. I would have like to have seen Ralph Fiennes in the role as well, for some reason. I feel like he'd be a wonderful Norman Osbourne.

Also this now means a film with Electro, The Rhino, Norman Osbourne and possibly an introduction to the symbiote suit in one film. That just feels kind of crowded to me...

I hope this means they're going for a more Norman Osbourne as the Lex Luthor type villain than introducing Green Goblin. Something like his run in Dark Reign would be wonderful.

There's nothing that's confirmed that Giamatti will actually be the Rhino in this movie, or that Norman Osborn will actually become Green Goblin in this one. Much more likely in the case of the latter that it's setting the framework for the Goblin as the main villain of 3.

Really? Every report I've read says Giamatti is going to be Rhino. Hasn't there also been talk of someone being cast as Black Cat too?

If it works out that Giamatti plays Rhino and he's just like an opening villain for Peter to fight, whilst Electro is the main bad guy with Norman Osbourne behind him, that'll be fine. Maybe even with Black Cat joining up to help Spider-Man... and creating a third love interest for Parker, seeing as Mary Jane will apparently be in the film.

It's still weird to me that they cast noted red head who'd make a perfect Mary Jane, Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey.

Every recent story about the film seems to confirm that Giamatti is going to be The Rhino so that seems to be the case.

Also, with the casting of Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn, the rumor is that they'll focus on him becoming the Green Goblin instead of Norman.

Re: TKz, Felicity Jones is in the cast too but her role hasn't been confirmed so she very well could be Black Cat.

I'm kind of okay with that, I guess. I prefer Norman as the Luthor type villain, so if that works out, I'm happy with that. Honestly I'm not sure why you'd bother introducing Harry Osbourne, Amazing Spider-Man seemed to be doing a good job of not going over the same things the other trilogy already did... and those films pretty extensively did the whole Harry Osbourne angle.

They do seem to be going a slightly different route with it and I really enjoyed the first one so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Especially when they cast people like Chris Cooper, who I meant to mention is pretty awesome casting, IMO.

What I meant about Giamatti not being the Rhino is that they could have him as a character and not turn him into the Rhino until a future movie. I phrased it bad.

But yeah, I could see double villains of Rhino and Electro setting up the Green Goblin, whichever Osborn it ends up being, for 3. I've never been a Black Cat fan so ehhhh on that either way.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. I'm sure he'll do well, but I kind of wanted a... well, not younger Norman Osbourne, but more like a power hungry guy in his late 30's/early 40's that gets pushed over the edge. I still say Willem Dafoe was pretty great casting. I would have like to have seen Ralph Fiennes in the role as well, for some reason. I feel like he'd be a wonderful Norman Osbourne.

Noted guy in his 30s, Ralph Fiennes.

I'd love for them to do a big screen version of Mysterio

Me too! I think he's been overlooked a lot in recent years, and he is a bit silly, but he was always my favourite in the cartoon as a kid, so I've got a soft spot for him.

Also, The Vulture.