Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit at that teaser. Batman V Superman is going to rock.

Well I just got an email from Marvel confirming a Guardians sequel for 2017!

There will also be an animated series on Disney XD because holy crap they're confident in this one.

Holy shit at that teaser. Batman V Superman is going to rock.

I don't know, I'm sure you can pull 30 seconds from Elektra that make it look good.

If it were just Batman, Superman, a villain or two and maybe Wonder Woman in it, I'd be way more confident after seeing that trailer. But it's a film that sounds way too jam packed with characters to actually have time for a decent story.

That's pretty much what it is from the sounds of it, though. Apart from rumors of a few hundred extra characters, all we really know is that Luthor features and that Cyborg, probably as a human, shows up. From the confirmed news thus far, it sounds like the most extra we'll see will be a cameo of Victor Stone and Aquaman, probably in a post-credits scene, if not a short cameo that confirms his existence.

There's plenty to be concerned about, I'm just not sure the number of characters rumored is going to be the cause of it potentially being bad. Just look at Amazing Spider-Man 2, that was packed with characters. And that wasn't what made it awful. It was everything else.

• Like 1

It's not that far off, to be fair. Cap 3 is in the right place (might be wrong date, but right year), though I doubt it'll follow the fallen son story. For starters, that takes place after Civil War... so that'd make no sense. If Evans is out after Cap 3 though, that'd be a good time to give Bucky the title. I kind of just want Evans to stick with the role forever, though. He's just a perfect Captain America.

Doctor Strange is looking likely for the other title that year.

More than anything I just want the rumours of a Captain Marvel film to be true. I really want Ms. Marvel to be the first female hero to get her own film - fuck Black Widow, I really don't need a whole film dedicated to that character when there's a much more interesting female hero who could be featured in the first female led hero role.

I don't really want them to do a Civil War film, either. It's a story that's much more interesting when told over a long period of time, with hundreds of heroes featured. I kind of feel like it's a waste of an Avengers film really, when there's so many other big villains and stories they could draw from for future films.

Inhumans would be interesting and it's an often rumoured one, I'm not sure I need a full film of Black Bolt and company - I'd rather see them as villains in a Guardians film.

And man, World War Hulk is boring. I've never seen the hype behind that story. I think the only Hulk run that's been that interesting in years was the introduction of Red Hulk. Now that, that'd be fun to watch, especially bringing back William Hurt for General Ross.

And Black Panther... eh. Great character, much more interesting when he's involved in a story with other Marvel characters. I've never found his solo stories that interesting.

That's something I want to see in future, actually. Let's have some of the smaller villains pop up as cameos in future Marvel films. Why can't Abomination show up again somewhere for an opening fight in some film.

I'm all in on a big, epic Civil War movie. Fuck the haters.

Civil War would be great on the big screen... but it should be done over multiple films. it should be a three-to-four film deal, culminating in an Avengers: Civil War finale. I don't think it's properly doable until Phase Four at least.

That said, Captain America 3 is a good place to launch it. They could lay the groundwork there, have the Avengers deal with Thanos in Avengers 3, and end the movie (or have one of the stingers) with the Registration Act being passed because a small group of heroes, or even the Avengers themselves, caused a massive explosion that killed hundreds of civilians.

But you can't rush it. Rushing Civil War would be like trotting Thanos out as the villain for Avengers without building up to the reason why it's happening in the first place. The build up is integral to the success of the story.