Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Enjoyed the mid-credits bit. Did not care for the end-credits bit at all, no doubt for exactly the same reason others loved it. Simply because...

(This is the warning spoiler in case anyone yet to see the film clicks and then regrets it)

...fuck Howard the Duck.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed the mid-credits bit. Did not care for the end-credits bit at all, no doubt for exactly the same reason others loved it. Simply because...

(This is the warning spoiler in case anyone yet to see the film clicks and then regrets it)

...fuck Howard the Duck.

Obligatory warning spoiler

:angry:

No, fuck you Stok, Howard the Duck is awesome!

• Like 1

...fuck Howard the Duck.

Obligatory warning spoiler

No, fuck you Stok, Howard the Duck is awesome!

:shifty:

I like keeping this in spoilers just to annoy anyone who might be killing themselves over not yet being able to read all the 'juicy plot details' we're supposedly talking about.

• Like 1

How much more are 3D sessions for you guys that it's mostly not worth the extra money?

I'm not fussed either way and I'll just see a movie in whatever it is being shown in but it could be because of the 2 cinemas I normally go to, one only charges an extra $2 for 3D and the other absorbs the extra cost and charges a flat fee for both.

The one I'm going to is only £1 more for 3D but then £2 for 3D glasses.

They do encourage you not to bin them so you can bring them next time though. I always can't find mine and end up buying new ones so I have like 3 pairs at home.... Still going to 2D this time though probably!

How much more are 3D sessions for you guys that it's mostly not worth the extra money?

I'm not fussed either way and I'll just see a movie in whatever it is being shown in but it could be because of the 2 cinemas I normally go to, one only charges an extra $2 for 3D and the other absorbs the extra cost and charges a flat fee for both.

For me it's an extra 5 dollars for something that adds NOTHING to most movies, is uncomfortable on top of my glasses and hurts my eyes anyways.

I mainly pick 2D over 3D showings just in case in 3D I get another film like PotC: On Stranger Tides, where several sequences were too dark to see anything because they hadn't compensated for the 3D glasses letting only half the light through.

I'd pick 2D over 3D even if 2D was more expensive. I've seen maybe five movies in 3D and they added nothing and I hate wearing those stupid glasses.

Anyway, we recently got one of those sit-and-eat-a-meal-while-watching-a-movie-in-a-lounge-chair type theaters and my wife really wants to see this, so we're going to the Saturday night viewing.

• Like 2

For me it's an extra 5 dollars for something that adds NOTHING to most movies, is uncomfortable on top of my glasses and hurts my eyes anyways.

Contacts, ApSham! That's what I used last night!

I know I keep on saying this, but seriously, IMAX 3D made the movie so much more awesome for me.

More on why I loved the 3D one in this spoiler thing which you guys REALLY SHOULD NOT CLICK if you HAVE NOT watched:

At the beginning, when Quill is dancing and he kicks those rat-like thingys in the rain, and one of them were kicked directly at us, I could see the entire cinema just jerk back because they legitimately thought it was coming at their faces. I did, too. There were so many other instances where that happened, like when Rocket crashed his ship into the Dark Aster.

IMAX 3D is only worth it in a legit standalone IMAX theater. Went to one of the ones in a multiplex for Godzilla and it a huge waste of money.

IMAX 3D is only worth it in a legit standalone IMAX theater. Went to one of the ones in a multiplex for Godzilla and it a huge waste of money.

Yeah. Which for where I live, is basically a trip down to the one at London Waterloo or nothing.

Saw Tron: Legacy there and it was AMAZING.

I don't know if my tastes have changed over the years or what but I have no desire to see Sin City at all

I loved the first Sin City but I have zero interest in seeing the second. Just seems like a film that didn't need to be made.