Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Names I Would Readily Accept: Terry Crews, Aldis Hodge, Isaiah Mustafa, oh fuck it Marvel basically always gets these things right anyway

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, it's a Netflix series, it seems like they're way more flexible for this kind of thing. They managed to fit in all of the Arrested Development cast's schedules around filming. It'll come down to how much the two parties want to do it - if Disney really wants Crews, it'll be simple enough to work filming around him.

So the Lady Doom idea seems to have been scrapped.

SHH reported today that four actors are in the running for Doctor Doom. They are Domhnall Gleeson (About Time), Toby Kebbell (Wrath of the Titans), Eddie Redmayne (Les Miserables) and Sam Riley (On the Road).

None of them have the look that I would be going for, and I haven't seen any of them act, so I can't really comment other than to say I will wait and see on this one.

Redmayne would look too young for Doctor Doom, surely?

I'm guessing I'll never get Thanos in a movie, yeah?
Thanos is actually the rumored villain for Avengers 3...(since they're setting up the cosmic part of the universe)

I'm guessing I'll never get Thanos in a movie, yeah?

Did you watch all of The Avengers?

Yes, but when I found out he wasn't going to be the villain for Avengers 2, I kinda lost hope.

And, of course, speaking of comic book movies... No Deadpool, no peace. Plus, it would mean Cable, too, which would be all kinds of awesome. They'd just have to make sure they didn't spend the entire budget on pockets and thigh straps.

Some stuff came out recently that Fox has a script for Deadpool that's supposed to be pretty great, but they're keeping it on the backburner to avoid X-Men fatigue.

And yeah, Thanos is basically confirmed to be the villain of Avengers 3, if not, at least Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm still totally calling it: Vin Diesel is pulling double duty and the Groot gig is a cover for his role as Thanos in Guardians.

• Like 1

My hopes & thoughts on Thanos and potential Avengers 3 storyline;

Spoilers for Avengers and Thor 2 post credit scenes in here;

We saw that Loki was working with the Chitauri and the Chitauri guy at the end was talking to Thanos. That was all about the teseract, which we now know in MCU is an Infinity Gem.

The scene after The Dark World saw the Collector (who we know is in Guardians) seemingly getting the gems together. I think that perhaps after the debacle in Avengers, Thanos has turned to The Collector to help him assemble the gems with whatever promises. Collector can easily be the main bad in GOTG (because Benicio Del Toro is rather good from what I've heard) with Thanos once again pulling the strings.

Setting up A3 to basically be the Infinity Gauntlet. Which will be awesome. Especially if they go all out and have Avengers, Guardians and whoever else has a film by then all making appearances. Although they shoudl totally call it The Thanos Imperative because that's a way cooler name.