Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Coloring done on Reddit

slMtsxJ.png

Also, he totally looks like Dark Knight Returns Batman

Dark-Knight-Returns-Batman-Statue-1_1331

Big square jaw, giant Bat symbol, short ears and buff as fuck.

• Like 5

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks like Batman.

Yeah, that was pretty much my thought. NERDS.

The bat symbol looks weird, though. Looks too chunky. Batmobile looks awesome, though. I still find myself struggling to care about that movie, though.

I did my own quick color

10259323_821422384536599_772771164790253

I tried going more JLU but the way blue and black mix on his cowl in that show seems impossible to pull off on a live action suit. Still got the eyes though.

The white eyes are always missing from live action Batman and the white eyes are part of what makes him terrifying. You just mugged someone, you gave a cop the slip and you turn down an alley way and look forward and all you see infront of you is that huge shadow with the pure white eyes looking at you.

I agree that they look great in a cartoon aspect of animation and comics, I just don't think it's one of those things that translates to live action well.

• Like 2

I think some kind or white lenses built into the cowl that retract when he doesn't need them would work. Explain it as they're there to scare street thugs and to display information on the inside from the Batcave computer when he asks for it. That way he wouldn't have them all the time so you don't have to worry about Ben getting pissy about not being able to see clearly("The actor wouldn't be able to see well!" is always one of the responses to why Batman never has the eyes) you just get some cool shots of Batman looking like Batman.

If they were going to do it, they'd just add it in post. But that's a lot of effort going into a minor effect that doesn't aide the film in any way, so it's unlikely to happen.

They did it in TDK for a bit and it looked odd, and definitely not intimidating.

I don't think TDK Batman looks all that intimidating anyway but....

white-eyes.jpg

I think it would have looked fine if they were actually white and not blue.

But did you know, that when it snows, his eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen..

Oh goddammit it's in my head now.

• Like 3

It looks silly, simple as that. Things which work in comic books and cartoons don't always translate exactly to live action, and it's better that they be adapted to fit the medium than crowbarred in because of a vague desire to be faithful to the source material (which has decades of contradictory and conflicting canon to draw on anyway).

Batman as a silhouette is intimidating enough as it is without throwing ill-explained glowing white eyes into the mix.

I'm probably dreaming it, but did they use the shiny eyes at all in Batman Begins in a Scarecrow gas scene? Sort of works there with fog and wibblyness, but not 'Ben Affleck has shiny eyes'.