Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the look of concern on Thor when Cap moved it just a little.

The announcements are awesome, though I'm hoping it's the last Thor for a while, 3 films is enough to put him just in Avengers now. Civil War will hopefully bring in a lot of smaller characters and give Stark something to work with. Inhumans intrigues me, hopefully this gives the chance for World War Hulk down the line and maybe the Illuminati (though they obviously can't use Richards of Professor X). The Black Bolt/Hulk scene in WWH is one of my favourites of all time.

• Like 1

May 1: Avengers: Age of Ultron

July 17: Ant-Man

August 7: The Fantastic Four

February 12: Deadpool

March 25: Batman v. Superman: Dawn Of Justice

May 6: Captain America: Civil War

May 27: X-Men: Apocalypse

August 5: Suicide Squad

November 4: Doctor Strange

November 11: Sinister Six

March 3: Wolverine 3

May 5: Guardians of the Galaxy 2

June 23: Wonder Woman

July 14: Fantastic Four 2

July 28: Thor: Ragnarok

November 3: Black Panther

November 17: Justice League Part One

March 23: Flash

May 4: The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (maybe)

May 4: Avengers: Infinity War Part One

July 6: Captain Marvel

July 13: X-Men? Maybe X-Men/Fantastic Four?

July 27: Aquaman

November 2: Inhumans

April 5: Shazam

May 3: Avengers: Infinity War Part Two

June 14: Justice League Part Two

April 3: Cyborg

June 19: Green Lantern

Not sure whether to :w00t: or :mellow:

• Like 3

The worst thing about it is that 2015 seems to be getting the bone. :( Avengers is going to be awesome, and I'm holding out hope for Ant-Man though I don't know a lot about them. I haven't liked any of the Fantastic Four movies though so I'm not encouraged to give it another try at this point. 2016 is going to be amazing though.

• Like 1

Those are just the (so-far) confirmed dates. There's also ASM4, X-Force, a female-centered spin-off from the Spider-Man Universe, Venom Carnage, Sandman, the next Wolverine solo and who knows what else.

Actually, Suicide Squad and Sinister Six in the same year is pretty cool. Would love to see how those two compare.

EDIT: Anybody else think they'll be using the twins to introduce the Inhumans?

Edited by Benkid

Also, don't know if it's been mentioned here, but Marvel initially put up a graphic that had Cap 3 titled Serpent Society, supposedly just to prank the fans. I hope it's not a foreshadowing, though, I'm not very familiar with them but from what I know they're incredibly lame, kinda' like Copperhead.

I'm still super doubtful the schedule will be as loaded as it looks. Like, it'll be loaded, but Fox and Sony have a lot of project that either aren't sure things, or will definitely take longer.

I'll be shocked if Deadpool and Sinister Six make it out in that period. Otherwise, we've still yet to see WB follow through on these promises. I'd like to believe they'll be able to stay on the schedule, but Marvel is a well oiled machine when it comes to this stuff, something tells me WB won't be able to produce the same amount of films in the same short period of time. Something will happen, someone major will drop out, script issues, or they'll just release another Green Lantern if they're not careful and be set back again.

That's not to say Marvel couldn't finally have a bomb (and my money has always been on Ant-Man, with or without Edgar Wright, being that bomb), but there's so much hype around some of their other projects and the way they do these films, it wouldn't really hurt them.

Let's say Ant-Man is a bomb, or that Guardians was - you pretty much just never mention them again. The MCU is so vast that Guardians could just never be mentioned again. And in MCU kayfabe, no one would bat an eye. Or that Thor 3 gets a shitty reception - who cares? You just make Thor a bit more background in The Avengers and bring a guy like Dr. Strange forward.

WB doesn't have that - they're doing solo films for all of their Justice League members AND a Justice League film. If Thor had flopped, it wouldn't matter, because the expectation of The Avengers wasn't already there and we didn't already have high expectations.

Those are just the (so-far) confirmed dates. There's also ASM4, X-Force, a female-centered spin-off from the Spider-Man Universe, Venom Carnage, Sandman, the next Wolverine solo and who knows what else.

Actually, Suicide Squad and Sinister Six in the same year is pretty cool. Would love to see how those two compare.

EDIT: Anybody else think they'll be using the twins to introduce the Inhumans?

Yes. I think Inhumans are going to be their workaround for the word mutant.

Very curious about what the Avengers will actually look like by the time Infinity War rolls around. I mean there's a whole bunch of movies between Age of Ultron and Part I (six I think?). There's 2 years between Civil War and Part I.

Also I like Captain Marvel and Inhumans taking place between the parts of Infinity War, good chance they (or events leading to them) will happen/be introduced in the first film and then the characters will be back for the 2nd part.

With the amount of people potentially involved I think there's no worry about it being a "film stretched into two parts just because money" type thing. I can honestly see why they'd need 6+ to tell this story.

Considering the origin of Captain Marvel's powers, I'm fully expecting the Kree to play a part in Infinity War: Part 1, possibly even featuring the debut (and death) of the original Captain Marvel, Mar-Vell. He's not necessary, but it could work. It'd also make sense as to why Carol Danvers skips out on being Ms. Marvel and jumps straight to Captain Marvel, they could swing it as it being a title, one that Carol takes up.

Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel would also arguably mark the first metahuman in the MCU. She'd be the first human based hero who shoots beams and can fly and so on without technological aid. (I don't count Dr. Strange because that shit is magic, yo.)

Actually fuck it, I'm going to say the Kree will play a fucking huge role in the MCU around Infinity War. They're the entire reason Captain Marvel and the Inhumans exist, so it stands to reason they'd play into Infinity War Part 1, with the introduction of the Kree-related characters being in the gap between Infinity War Part 1 and 2.

• Like 1

If anything is in danger of bombing on the Marvel side, it's Inhumans. Not exactly well known, not exactly easy to get into and it doesn't have the comedy that comes with Guardians to help it out. And one of its main characters is mute. I trust Marvel, but it's going to be interesting to see how that one unfolds.