Sign in to follow this  
TKz

Comic Book Films & TV

Now let us move on from judging the film by a picture and find out why it was that Tom Hardy dropped out from the film:

“Warner Bros. is my home studio and I love them so I was really bummed out. I wanted to work on that and I know the script is really f*cking alley and I also know what’s gonna happen with The Joker and Harley Quinn in that; I won’t give away too much…it’s f*cking alley. And that whole territory is something that I would certainly—I mean, everybody loves The Joker. Everybody loves The Joker. Will Smith is a dope guy, but everybody loves The Joker and that’s gonna, I think, be a very important film for fans.

There’s a very practical element as to why I’ve missed out on that foray, which is because Alejandro [G. Inarritu] has overshot by three months in Calgary, so we’ve got to go back out to Patagonia or Alaska to continue shooting The Revenant which has turned into a much bigger beast than we thought, but that also looks exceptional…
It would have smashed the two, I would’ve had a beard. It was just not gonna happen so I got ass-slammed technically out of Suicide Squad, gutted, so I had to hand it over to Joel Kinnaman, who will do an amazing job.”

So, we have Leo DiCaprio to blame then. Also, what the fuck does "alley" mean in this context?

"Alley" means bad ass. It's a strange term for him to use, I've only ever seen/heard it used in military circles.

Eh, it was used a lot around the Midlands about a decade ago, dunno about anywhere else.

Maybe the casting rumors were all way off base and he's the new Spider-Man.

• Like 2

People told them they needed to break gender boundaries, so they cast Martin Freeman as Captain Marvel.

Maybe they recast War Machine again.

Out of all the given suggestions so far, this is the one that is most hilarious in my mind for some reason.

I loved the Thomas Jane Punished film but a properly marvel driven one would be fantastic. I read somewhere Tom Hardy wanted the lead but can't remember where :(

• Like 1

I think Punisher might be better served as a Netflix series, but that's probably just because I want as much Punisher as possible.

• Like 2

Yeah if Marvel uses the character at all it will be with the Netflix stuff. The tone just doesn't fit with the rest of the movies.

Punisher is definitely better served as Netflix series. I think the three failed films prove that plenty. (not that a film couldn't work)

Fuck, just give Stephen DeKnight and Drew Goddard another dumptruck of money and let them go buck wild. After Daredevil, I'm pretty happy with both being the kings of the Netflix corner of MCU.

Man, I'm not bothered about the violence, I'd just really fucking love a Punisher series that features flashbacks to him at war. It just sucks it'd be retconned to be a Middle East conflict and not Vietnam.

Surely better that than him be in his 70s? Magic Marvel timeline, everyone's birthday moves but Cap, who's origin gets better the further we get from WW2 given he was originally frozen for less than 20 years.

Edited by Ultra Rare Colly

I have a feeling DeKnight is already working on it, actually. He won't shut up about the character and has previously said he's working on something he can't tell people about it yet so I'm assuming that means Marvel has him working on something else. Or it could be entirely unrelated to Marvel.

And Goddard had nothing to do with the series after the second episode and based on some of the Sony email leaks, probably isn't exactly welcome at Marvel right now.

Surely better that than him be in his 70s? Magic Marvel timeline, everyone's birthday moves but Cap, who's origin gets better the further we get from WW2 given he was originally frozen for less than 20 years.

I'm not saying I want him to be in his 70's, just that I wish we could get the Vietnam background because I feel like the character of Punisher really comes from that war as much as he comes from what happened to him after the war. Punisher Max is a pretty fucking awesome series, outside of Garth Ennis' love of teenager gritty bits (TITS AND GORE YEAH), because Frank actually ages through the run. He's like in his 50's by the end of it, suffers from arthritis in his hands and is just a fucking wreck. It's great.

I realize it's not possible, it just feels like you lose a great aspect of the character without it, which'd be a shame. I'm sure they'd do a great job integrating him into a Middle East Conflict background, but Vietnam is The Punisher's war, always will be. In a lot of ways, he's treated as a mirror for Captain America - except he didn't get the glorious hero run Cap did - he experienced the reality of Vietnam.

Oh man, now I'm just bummed out that we don't get this scene in Civil War...

Also, what's going on with Goddard? Last I heard he was pegged for Spider-Man and that's why he left Daredevil?

• Like 1

Also, what's going on with Goddard? Last I heard he was pegged for Spider-Man and that's why he left Daredevil?

You heard wrong. Here are the front-runners to direct Spider-Man:

Jonathan Levine (Warm Bodies, 50/50); Ted Melfi (St. Vincent); Jason Moore (Pitch Perfect); John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein (Vacation); and Jared Hess (Napoleon Dynamite).

Goddard did leave Daredevil to concentrate on Sinister Six but the leaked emails seem to suggest that the exit wasn't exactly on good terms. After the Sony-Marvel stuff dropped, it was reported that Goddard was taking over for Spider-Man but like LL said, he's not on the list that was reported today. I'm assuming there's either still some animosity there that they'd prefer to just go in a different direction or they wanted Goddard to adapt Sinister Six into it and plans changed.

Edited by livid

Wait wait John Francis Daley like kid from Freaks & Geeks John Francis Daley?

Wait wait John Francis Daley like kid from Freaks & Geeks John Francis Daley?

Yep. He's been making a name for himself as a screenwriter lately (Horrible Bosses) but he's making his directorial debut with his writing partner on Vacation (which they also wrote).

You heard wrong. Here are the front-runners to direct Spider-Man:

Jonathan Levine (Warm Bodies, 50/50); Ted Melfi (St. Vincent); Jason Moore (Pitch Perfect); John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein (Vacation); and Jared Hess (Napoleon Dynamite).

I mean, there's a lot of films there I'm not familiar with, but I hope they don't go giving it to a primarily comedy writer. I dunno guys, I remember being so hopeful about Marc Webb. And look at all the horrible stuff he did when he had to write anything but the romance stuff.

Did you say the same thing about the Russo Brothers? :P

Touche.gif

EDIT: I just found this gif on google but man, the more you look at it, the more it looks like Dean is realizing a network TV logo is materializing before him, thinks about it for a second, then accepts that it's probably not out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 1