Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Just that a franchise can have a successful movie/show without its main character I think. Still James Gordon and May Parker are quite different; ones a detective and the other is... I don't even know what she was before an Aunt?

• Like 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they've really gone massively into her background. I know DC don't really go on about it too much but there are references to Alfred being a detective before taking up butlering but May has just been May for the most part except for a short series where she was really Peters mum but think that was swiftly removed from the history.

http://io9.com/if-this-is-the-new-fantastic-four-movies-plot-it-is-no-1660154234

Rumored plot details for the Fantastic Four movie. Screenwriter on twitter said they were bullshit, but it's sad that the bar is set so low that I would totally buy that as the plot.

It's fucking baffling to me that they went the gritty realistic route. The current feel of the MCU films is exactly what a Fantastic Four film should be. That's the comic that focused entirely on whacky sci-fi and space aliens.

Somehow we went like four days without mentioning in here that Daniel Bruhl has been cast in Captain America: Civil War. I really really hope this is somehow Red Skull-related.

• Like 1

Somehow we went like four days without mentioning in here that Daniel Bruhl has been cast in Captain America: Civil War. I really really hope this is somehow Red Skull-related.

My heart holds onto the hope, but my head says Baron Zemo.

It's also been confirmed that the main villain is Crossbones. And that Winter Soldier will play a key role.

That's either an incredible red herring, or they're going to drop a bombshell by the end of the film.

Hugo Weaving signed a multi-film deal, but after The First Avenger came out, he publicly stated that he had absolutely no desire to go back under the makeup again. Marvel decided not to force him to do anything, because they know that won't help anybody...but he won't be welcomed back either.

I'd be happy with Bruhl as Skull in Civil War. I love Baron Zemo to death, but I really feel like if they need another villain for Civil War, it's gotta be the Red Skull.

Spoilers...I guess?

• Like 3