Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Yes of course you can. But the idea that the public would be interested to know what has happened to a criminal once he gets arrested by a crime prevention organisation is nonsensical in itself.

Criminals get arrested all the time. We don't ask for weekly updates from them in prison or hourly Twitter updates such as "In the exercise yard. Big guy giving me the eye. Uh Oh.". We are just happy he is off the streets and we go about our lifes as normal.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? So what you're saying is if Fidel Urbina was captured you wouldn't be wondering just what the hell happened to him and why there hasn't been a trial, or anything following his arrest? Even if any members of the public who wouldn't have any direct consequences from the man being on the loose or anything, surely there are pressure and legal groups as well as the some form of body of government who would want to know what happened?

I mean, it's a fairly logical thing to ask. A most wanted criminal gets arrested and now he's walking about free without any repercussions, continuing his criminal activities and everybody's just okay with this?

Hey guys. Guys!

How freakin' froot was Guardians of the Galaxy? Lets talk about that (in light of the DVD being released so we can further enjoy the awesomeness that it is).

On a serious note though, I've been trying to figure out why I love it so much and I've come to the conclusion that I could be Starlord in another time or place. And that seriously just gets me in my soul. Anyone else get this with GotG?

• Like 3

Guardians is a feel good and funny movie, which has awesome tunes that I relate to far more than the music you youngsters listen to today. <_<

Woah Woah Woah! I will hear none of this BBT bashing! :angry:

Would you agree that creatively it was better in the first 3 seasons?

Sucide Squad cast:

Jared Leto – The Joker

Will Smith – Deadshot

Tom Hardy – Rick Flagg

Margot Robbie – Harley Quinn

Jai Courtney – Boomerang

Cara Delevingne – Enchantress

Pete-Campbell-Shrugs-Reaction-Gif-On-Mad

• Like 1

I don't really have an opinion on any of that cast outside of Margot Robbie should be good. Leto as Joker is okay, I suppose. I've never been against a recast like most have. I'm just kind of tired of Joker in general, though...

EDIT: and before we dive into it, let's all just agree that no one gives a shit what Harley Quinn looks like. And we definitely don't need a bunch of pictures of girls cosplaying her posted.

• Like 2

I don't really have an opinion on any of that cast outside of Margot Robbie should be good. Leto as Joker is okay, I suppose. I've never been against a recast like most have. I'm just kind of tired of Joker in general, though...

EDIT: and before we dive into it, let's all just agree that no one gives a shit what Harley Quinn looks like. And we definitely don't need a bunch of pictures of girls cosplaying her posted.

Deal with it.

• Like 1

The conversation already happened. Why would it happen again?

• Like 2

Guardians is a feel good and funny movie, which has awesome tunes that I relate to far more than the music you youngsters listen to today. <_<

Woah Woah Woah! I will hear none of this BBT bashing! :angry:

Would you agree that creatively it was better in the first 3 seasons?

I will stipulate. :)

• Like 1

Regardless of who was cast as The Joker, having the Joker in the Suicide Squad is just stupid anyways. And if he's in it as the bad guy, the character has been used to death and they have a wealth of equally good villians to use.

Used to death in what regard, exactly? In the comics? Sure, that means he's popular, which means he's exactly the type of character they would want in the movie. I assume that's what you mean, because you can't seriously be claiming he's been used to death in movies, considering he's appeared on film twice since 1989.

Also, its the fucking Joker. I don't know what world you live in where you wouldn't expect him to be involved in the cinematic DCU.

Yeah, I don't get why people always say they're sick of the Joker, but I think it could be due to the Arkham games. However, I think he was used damn well in Assault on Arkham, and like I said, I hope they use that as a base for their plot in the Suicide Squad movie.

I adore The Joker, I have an Arkham Asylum Joker tattoo. My main gripe is they have one successful film franchise and they're just sticking a character in who has no place there. Yes, he's had run ins with them in the comics, but it'd be like sticking Iron Man in the GotG line up just to create buzz. I just think it's a desperation move from DC to get more buzz/outrage going for it rather than just producing a solid movie with little known characters.

I never watched Wolf on Wall Street. To me Thor is played by some dude from Home and Away and Harley Quinn is now some chick from Neighbours.

I never knew we had so many good actors on Australian Soapies. :P

Yet still no major role for this guy

Toadfishrebecchi.png

For shame Hollywood. :(

full_left_column_Paul2.jpg?1309545100

I thought he was a lock for Lex Luthor.

• Like 1