Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't get why people always say they're sick of the Joker, but I think it could be due to the Arkham games. However, I think he was used damn well in Assault on Arkham, and like I said, I hope they use that as a base for their plot in the Suicide Squad movie.

I loved the "Best gun ever" bit.

meh people said the same thing about Drax casting. they dont see it, but he pulled it off. If she puts in the same effort I will be entertained in that at least.

Oh no, I try not to judge how good someone is until I've seen it, but I don't understand why people think Margot Robbie is good in general. I think she's been mediocre at best.

Joker is being used to set up Harley, who could be a break out character film wise. If they don't go overboard with him, then it should be fine and set up stuff farther down the road.

I'm also glad Will Smith was cast, it's one step closer to Idris Elba playing John Stewart. Kinda. I can dream, right?

Still not crazy about them splitting the DCTU and DCCU into two separate things

I have no idea what both those universes stand for.

I'm really scared of Smith playing Deadshot, though. He's kind of phoned it in of late, when's the last time it looked like he gave a damn about the film he was in? He even looked exasperated the whole time in that movie with his kid.

I adore The Joker, I have an Arkham Asylum Joker tattoo. My main gripe is they have one successful film franchise and they're just sticking a character in who has no place there. Yes, he's had run ins with them in the comics, but it'd be like sticking Iron Man in the GotG line up just to create buzz. I just think it's a desperation move from DC to get more buzz/outrage going for it rather than just producing a solid movie with little known characters.

Marvel-NOW-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-001Co

I think that's kinda his point. Iron Man had a run in the comics with GOTG but putting him in the movie would've just been to have a 'safe' character most of the people watching the film woukdve been familiar with.

That being said, if Joker's just there to set up Harley then I don't really see a problem there.

I really don't see the problem with being tired of Joker?

I like Joker. He's a great villain for Batman. But he's been the only villain to receive any real prominence in DC in nearly every medium. If you watch/read/play any DC related products, you've probably seen a lot of different Jokers.

So yeah, it's a pretty fair reaction to go "Oh man, really?", when a group made up of DC's more obscure villains that haven't received any mainstream attention pretty much ever get their own film... and DC plays it safe and slots Joker in there too. Not to mention if you're a fan of the franchise, which doesn't feature Joker in any way.

I'm all for it if it's a small role to introduce Harley. But I've played most DC games, read a lot of their comics and watched most of their animated features. I'm Jokered out.

And yeah, Iron Man was in the Guardians comic for six issues or so. It was met with just as much "Oh ffs, really?" as this was.

• Like 1

It's done for the same reason. Guardians failed as a comic the first time around, so in advance of the new film coming out, they plugged Iron Man in to drum up interest.

DC doesn't have the track record Marvel does, so of course they aren't going to be confident in a film full of obscure villains doing well. Plug in The Joker and you're covering your ass. He was going to be in there at some point, I'd consider it a victory that we get him outside of a Batman film.

• Like 2