Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the premise for the Suicide Squad movie? I know it's the group of supervillians forced to do missions and shit but is there a proper villain yet? Are they supposed to be taking down Joker or what? There's nothing on Wikipedia so I'm not sure  :shifty:

I think I'm just done with this sliding scale of EDGY Jokers, which I guess coincides with DC stuff in general.

The push to be darker than Marvels relative light is eh when it feels so.. middle of the road. The games and animated stuff, they're going at it way better - but I think I want to see something more akin to Hamill's animated Joker as a live character, and that's why I'm let down. But eh, maybe it fits the Suicide Squad stuff better.

I wouldn't be surprised if this Joker's look isn't partly Leto's doing to set him apart from the other versions of the Joker. Leto's always said he doesn't just take roles in movies to take them, he wants to be inspired and do different things. First trailer hooked me but that's what good trailers should do, doesn't mean the movie won't be shit but with a guy like Leto in the role, I'm all in. Just sucks we have to wait over a year to find out.

Edited by punky
  • Like 1

I'm really bad at remembering actors names and shit. Pretty much the only person that I'm like 'they'd be perfect' is Idris Elba as John Stewart, as cliched as that is. I've always maintained that Ryan Reynolds should have actually been Kyle Rayner, but that ship has sailed. Chris Pine would be fine as Gardner, but that's only because I can't think of someone off the top of my head. Hal? I have no clue. Absolutely no idea if they don't bring Reynolds back. There's a little thought in the back of my head that Brad Pitt could fit it as an 'elder statesmen' type thing, but I dunno.

Nathan Fillion has already voiced Green Lantern and wouldn't be a bad choice. I think Josh Duhamel wouldn't be a bad choice either especially if it's a Green Lantern Corps and he doesn't have to carry the movie by himself.