Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

I think the biggest thing that would prevent him from doing it is his contract with ABC. In theory I agree he's too old too but it also depends on what exactly their plans are for the Green Lantern Corps ensemble thing they're hinting at. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that, if you're going to go with all of the human Lanterns, which I think they should simply because of how strongly younger generations of fans seem to see John as THE GL, then they should put Hal in that elder statesmen role and give more shine to Stewart and Rayner.

I wonder what the plot would be, though. Blackest Night?

Ant-Man was fucking great. Out of the MCU films, it would make my top 5 or 6 easily. I think it's better than Iron Man 3 and First Avenger.

It had so much fun stuff combined with great action, an interesting (if overused) premise and it had the emotional attachment that a movie should have to connect with the audience.

Spoiler stuff now!

SO. MUCH. FUN. Michael Pena was great, and I thought Evangeline Lily and Douglas kept up their end with the comedic beats, which was great. Rudd was incredible, and I can't wait for him to join the Avengers. The stuff at the end, where Falcon is looking for him to try and recruit him, was bloody brilliant! Plus, they added just more incentive for the Spider-Man stuff, saying he's around, I nearly squealed at that bit. So many things running through my mind about this film, and I think next year when I rewatch it before Civil War, I'll enjoy it even more because the trailer won't be so fresh in my mind.

Oh, and mid-credit scene spoilers:

Hope's costume looks pretty bad ass. Can't wait for her too

And after-credit spoilers:

What was that?! What's the Accord? Cap and Falcon have Bucky captured? I wonder how big a part of Civil War this is, and if Bucky might be a catalyst for it? Looks like Ant-Man is joining Cap's side, though.

Edited by Benkid

Benkid, how long do I have to stay for after credits stuff? Is there a post-post credits scene after all that shit, or is it just after the first set?

EDIT: Also, is it world building/story driven or just a comedy bit?

Edited by TKzo Amore

Benkid, how long do I have to stay for after credits stuff? Is there a post-post credits scene after all that shit, or is it just after the first set?

EDIT: Also, is it world building/story driven or just a comedy bit?

Um, there's two after-credit scenes, one after the first set, which is the mid-credits one: that one has to do with the Ant-Man story, not sure how big it's going to affect the rest of the MCU but definitely affecting Ant-Man going forward, and the final credits scene happens after everything scrolls up: This one is definitely world building and a big preview for Civil War, in fact, I read that Feige said it was unused footage or something like that from Civil War.  

EW has a few X-Men: Apocalypse pictures.

Psylocke's costume looks spot-on. In fact, I think it's the most comic accurate costume of the whole X-Men franchise (well, except for Deadpool's, I forgot he was part of the franchise). Apocalypse, though... judging by looks alone, is a big letdown, so far.

EDIT: And apparently, all the Horsemen's identities have been revealed.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

Yeah, that seems to be the general consensus around the internet, most sites I've seen with it, be it from writers or from comments, compare the both of them. It's really that bad, and I don't think the caracter will be post-edited (I do believe there may be a transformation for fight scenes or whatever), because really, what would be the point of starting to send out promotional pictures to magazines with an unfinished character? I really don't see it.

looks like if Ivan Ooze appeared in a cameo on Stargate SG1

Yeah, that seems to be the general consensus around the internet, most sites I've seen with it, be it from writers or from comments, compare the both of them. It's really that bad, and I don't think the caracter will be post-edited (I do believe there may be a transformation for fight scenes or whatever), because really, what would be the point of starting to send out promotional pictures to magazines with an unfinished character? I really don't see it.