Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

It does. I'm not 100% familiar with Dr. Strange - I know the basic backstory, but most of my run-ins with him have come in the form of team-ups or him appearing in Marvel animated movies & series. 

Marvel also released a few short clips from Captain America: Civil War today. 

and

• Like 5

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN's got a review out for Civil War - better than Age of Ultron, not as good as Winter Soldier. Reviewer says that "Spider-Man is hands down the best thing in Civil War" ( :wub::w00t:), and Black Panther is a badass. The airport fight scene between the two groups that's shown a little in the trailer is one of the highlights of the movie.

7.8/10 was the final score.

On 4/13/2016 at 18:02, GoGo Yubari said:

Michael Keaton is in talks for the villain role in Spider-Man: Homecoming. The Vulture, right? Surely.

I saw that reported by Vulture. Coincidence? I think not.

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 22:10, Cloudy said:

IGN's got a review out for Civil War - better than Age of Ultron, not as good as Winter Soldier. Reviewer says that "Spider-Man is hands down the best thing in Civil War" ( :wub::w00t:), and Black Panther is a badass. The airport fight scene between the two groups that's shown a little in the trailer is one of the highlights of the movie.

7.8/10 was the final score.

I don't trust IGN at all. They tend to over/under rate by anything up to 2 points. According to them, Hardcore Henry is nearly a whole point better than Civil War. Now, I've yet to see either, but from everything else I've read/seen/heard, this sounds a tad silly.

Other reviews out so far for Civil War are much more positive, btw - both Empire and Total Film/Gamesradar have given Civil War 5/5.

• Like 2

Saw an early screening of Civil War last night and it completely blew me away. I think it was better than Winter Soldier and it does a great job of setting things up for future films without losing its own appeal. I've never clapped or cheered at a movie theatre and this movie had me doing that within the first ten minutes. I will say Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Ant-Man stole the show. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, edcq1987 said:

Saw an early screening of Civil War last night and it completely blew me away. I think it was better than Winter Soldier and it does a great job of setting things up for future films without losing its own appeal. I've never clapped or cheered at a movie theatre and this movie had me doing that within the first ten minutes. I will say Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Ant-Man stole the show. 

How does one see an early screening? Cause I'm all about that with Civil War.

14 minutes ago, DhinBuke Zakamura said:

How does one see an early screening? Cause I'm all about that with Civil War.

Truth be told, my friend got the invite and I just tagged along. We did have to wait like 6 hours in line but it was worth it. 

Just got to the '50s episode of Legends of Tomorrow. Even though I knew this was the episode where the show actually gets good, I'm still surprised to be watching a good episode.

Really not sure which thread to put this in anymore, but Eka Darville, who portrayed sidekick/drug addict/social worker Malcolm in S1 of Jessica Jones, confirmed he will, in some capacity, be involved in The Defenders

Edit: Also, Jon Favreau is an executive producer on Infinity Wars

• Like 4

New X-Men Apocalypse trailer.

Even though it's something seen in the trailer, I'm gonna put it in spoilers just in case:

OK, it's not something we haven't seen time and time again, but that little "snikt" at the end was amazing. Berzerk Weapon X Wolvie, maybe? Hope so!

• Like 1