Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

That sounds really harsh, and a really bad foreboding for Apoc if that's really true.

It's The Telegraph - they aren't exactly well known for their reviews.

Michael Keaton's dropped out of Spider-Man: Homecoming, and RDJ will reprise his role as Tony Stark in the film (huge surprise). Tony Revolori (Grand Budapest Hotel, Dope) has also been cast as an "enemy of Peter Parker at high school who isn't a super villain". 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Michael Keaton's dropped out of Spider-Man: Homecoming, and RDJ will reprise his role as Tony Stark in the film (huge surprise). Tony Revolori (Grand Budapest Hotel, Dope) has also been cast as an "enemy of Peter Parker at high school who isn't a super villain". 

:(

4 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

That sounds really harsh, and a really bad foreboding for Apoc if that's really true.

I wouldn't take that too seriously, though nobody seems all that thrilled by it. The general consensus from reading the headlines of other reviews and reading one other one "not bad but basically just more of the same." The X-Men movies really seem stuck in time, probably because it's still Bryan Singer overseeing them.

Quicksilver remains a highlight, though.

• Like 1

Captain America: Civil War

Ant/Giant-Man and Spider-Man were easily the show-stealers, but I haven't seen anyone post what went through my mind as to why

they were so great. Everyone on the screen is kicking ass, everyone has incredible superpowers, everyone gets their one-liners, but Scott Lang and Peter Parker invest you as a watcher because they bring a sense of realism back to the desensitized world built in the MCU. They're amazed that they get to be around these larger-than-life characters who can do equally or superior feats than they can do themselves. Opposite to that sense of fascination Lang and Parker have was T'Challa, who doesn't question anything he sees, tells Hawkeye he doesn't care who he is, and feels all too comfortable in this huge sci-fi conflict. On the one hand it makes me hyped for his stand-alone film, but to me, it's why he takes a backseat to Lang and Parker. The sole great moment I think Black Panther really had was stopping Zemo's suicide-shot with his hand and choking him out to turn him over to the authorities. The cliche "I won't become a killer like you" story arc was meh, but that was a seriously badass move.

My sole complaint about this film is really a continuation of my thoughts on Age of Ultron. Last summer Jason Statham slammed the MCU for being so CGI-reliant that it didn't matter who was's playing the hero, it'd just be a bunch of stunt-guys in costumes at the end of the dya. I lost some respect for Statham because that just sounded like bitter ramblings. But some of the scenes in Civil War and other recent films were so obviously digitally rendered it momentarily took me out of the film. Panther particularly looked like an entirely different body shape than Chadwick Boseman when he wasn't in costume. I started correlating him to a Power Ranger whenever Panther was on screen.

4 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I wouldn't take that too seriously, though nobody seems all that thrilled by it. The general consensus from reading the headlines of other reviews and reading one other one "not bad but basically just more of the same." The X-Men movies really seem stuck in time, probably because it's still Bryan Singer overseeing them.

Quicksilver remains a highlight, though.

It's a shame that Matthew Vaughn didn't get to direct more X-Men films. I really loved First Class. Days Of Future Past wasn't bad but after Vaughn took the series into a slightly new direction It felt like a step backward. Also I hated that they pretty much killed off most of the First Class supporting cast off-screen. And it was a waste of Peter Dinklage's talents.

Has anyone seen the Rouge-Cut of it that was released last year? Is that worth getting?

Edited by Hellraiser

• Like 5

Black Panther will reportedly have Lupita Nyong'o and Michael B. Jordan, as if you needed any more reason to want it to come out ASAP.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Black Panther will reportedly have Lupita Nyong'o and Michael B. Jordan, as if you needed any more reason to want it to come out ASAP.

I like that both actors who played the Human Torch found their way into the MCU.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2016 at 16:47, Hellraiser said:

It's a shame that Matthew Vaughn didn't get to direct more X-Men films. I really loved First Class. Days Of Future Past wasn't bad but after Vaughn took the series into a slightly new direction It felt like a step backward. Also I hated that they pretty much killed off most of the First Class supporting cast off-screen. And it was a waste of Peter Dinklage's talents.

Has anyone seen the Rouge-Cut of it that was released last year? Is that worth getting?

It only adds like 5-10 minutes and didn't really change much. The only reason we got it was by the time we actually wanted to buy the movie to watch it again it just made more sense to wait

17 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

And the cast will be 90% African or African-American

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lint said:

Well it would be a bit weird if Wakanda was 90% Caucasian... :shifty:

And being cynical, they'll now just throw accusations at Marvel Studios for not having Asian characters, or non Heterosexual heroes, or Native-American, or Indian, etc.
People always find a way to make something less 'good'.

Edited by Jasonmufc

That's been done already due to The Ancient One in Doctor Strange and Iron Fist

On 2016-04-29 at 05:31, Johnny Latino Heat said:

Right, I just remembered, for you guys who have seen it already, I have a question about something that I either completely missed or just plain didn't get:

Hide contents

How did Cap know Bucky had killed the Starks, exactly? Tony asks him if he knew and he said yes, but I don't recall it being addressed in the movie (him knowing, that is, not the death itself) or any movie, for that matter.

Spoiler

If Captain America Winter Soldier when Cap and Black Widow are in the Bunker with the guy who put himself in the computer they show some of the people Bucky killed and Howard Start is one of them

• Like 1