Sign in to follow this  
TKz

Comic Book Films & TV

I don't hate it? 

Beats Birds of Prey: Prey Harder or whatever it could have been if they were lazier with it, at least. 

The subtitle very much sounds like something Harley would say. It all depends how they market it. If it's just like writing under a main BoP logo like she tacked it on then it's fine.

It's a cool name

Superhero movies are dumb and over the top, just roll with it

• Like 3

Black Lightning season 2 has been superb. In regards to episode 5...

Spoiler

Gambi's death took me completely off-guard :(

Edited by Tyrone

On 25/11/2018 at 16:25, Tyrone said:

Black Lightning season 2 has been superb. In regards to episode 5...

Hide contents

Gambi's death took me completely off-guard :(

Oh, man...not saying anything about episode 6 yet in case you haven't seen it, but....

Gambi's death pissed me off. I'm a big fan of the actor (though not his role as Raiden in the second Mortal Kombat film...which was hot garbage, anyway) AND character, and there's a lot more that could be done with him. Senseless, unless James Remar actually decided to leave the show.

Now, if you have seen episode 6:

After the initial shock was over, I didn't buy his death for a second, due to lack of a corpse and knowing Gambi always has contingency plans.

I'm also hoping Tobias is dealt with by the end of the season and the show moves on to another villain. Probably won't happen, but I'm starting to get tired of the character, and I don't see how his chickens can't come home to roost. Black Lightning, both daughters and Khalil teaming up would = Tobias up Shit Creek without a boat, let alone a paddle. And I'm pretty sure Khalil is world-class pissed off now.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

Spoiler for the Arrowverse "Elseworlds" crossover

zst5uw8lxb121.jpg

Malcolm Merlyn, Joe WIlson (Slades son) and Ricardo Diaz as CCPD cops

I'm at the fairy godmother episode of Legends of Tomorrow. This show is so stupid, I love it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I'm at the fairy godmother episode of Legends of Tomorrow. This show is so stupid, I love it.

SHIELD and Legends are the two best comic book shows, for completely opposite reasons

• Like 1

This movie has my heart

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ClouDOOM said:

Oh shiiiiiiiiit.

Shit that's really close to Captain Marvel too.

Engame is fairly generic as a title but the rest. The rest! 

I seriously can't wait. I wish they would have just released them six months apart instead of a year but I'm being a tad greedy. 

Edited by livid

z5pqiigwftx1j05rz9g9.gif

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

oh neat, Ronin!

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to it. But, couldn't they come up with a better name. The Final Avenger or The Last Assemble was right there.

I like it when trailers actually spoil very little...so glad to see this one didn't give much of anything away while still pumping me up at the same time. Not a fan of the title, but they could've called it literally anything and they'd have my money.

I like the title. It’s been referenced in two Avengers movies now (AoU and Infinity War). It’s all connected, baby.

• Like 1

Not sure how this person has seen it already but here's someone's report on Aquaman.

Spoiler

Wait, I'm first?
Spoiler space,
Damn those are some muscles
Spoiler space.
Could she even breathe in that outfit?
Spoiler space...

OK. Saw it last night, but missed the first five minutes.

The short, short version is that the script has good ideas but the Dialogue is clunkier than a droid army and fails them. A few line changes could have made the whole 'of two worlds' thing suck infinitely less, for example.

The visuals though...Dear gods, the undersea vistas were beautiful. I haven't read any aquaman comics, so a LOT seemed cribbed from the Black Panther movie as 'how to do themed architecture' but that wasn't a bad thing. The shot on the roofs in taly when they jsut kept pulling back...so pretty. The bit at the ring of fire fight, when you realise that big ledge is just the rim of a statue's shield - someone should ship the director off to JJ Abrams so he can go "look, this is how scale works, OK?"

I really loved the looks of it all, despite the constant 'Look, slow-mo! SEE HOW AWESOME THIS ALL IS!!1!

It's clearly DC's big reboot of their movie series, heavily cribbed from Marvel's formula, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The colour and crazy over the top bits were fun until they just kept going bigger and it felt...weightless. Like I say, good ideas but the delivery felt...off. The big fight reminded me very much of Clone Wars and not in a great way. 

Also, Orm was boring as feck.

But I enjoyed it. The ideas poking out were decent, it looked spectacular and Momoa carried it well. 

And the thing with the bikers in the bar...saw it coming a mile off (like a lot of bits), but still funny. It's be interesting to freeze on the polaroids to see what's going on in the background.

It could be someone from China, because the movie's already out there. Bummer to hear that the dialogue is as bad as the trailers suggested it might be, though.

That looks great. Not as exciting as a James Gunn produced Bloodborne movie would have been, but that rumor seemed a little bit too good to be true.

The Superman-esque origin is cool, especially because of how many interesting Superman stories have used the "But what if he wasn't the good guy" idea in the past. To see it on the big screen will be a nifty little moment.

8 hours ago, livid said:

Didn't quite know where to put this...horror via Superman?

Is this original or based off an existing thing? I've read three "Bad Superman" series lately and might as well add more to see if anything gets close to Irredeemable or Injustice.

This seems a bit different because the Super starts off as a little monster instead of being a superhero turned bad.