Sign in to follow this  
TKz

Comic Book Films & TV

This does not change my desire to see it at all but damn, I thought there was universal love for Into the Spiderverse.

https://rogersmovienation.com/2018/12/09/movie-review-spider-man-into-the-spiderverse/amp/

Seeing as I've never heard of the above site before the link popped into my google news feed, I'm hoping its a random idiot with a low traffic website being anti for the clicks. :P

Figured I'd stick this here instead of the Flash thread since it's got Arrow and Supergirl episodes as well.

I FUCKING LOVED ELSEWORLDS PART 1! So geeked out about everything. Seriously, it was said a billion times last year during Crisis on Earth X, but Arrowverse does these Justice League team ups so right. It was simple yet so full of vibrancy and excitement.

Spoiler

Man, when Clark opened his shirt, I gotta' admit, I geeked out. Also, I hope that's not the end we see of Lois in Supergirl, she was really cool.

Can't wait to watch Part 2. Only thing I'm sad about is Sara and Ray and the rest of the Legends are joining in, but well, they're basically involved in their own mess right now. Seeing Constantine on-screen with Kara would have been amazing, though. Somehow hope that when we get to the Supergirl episode, there's Alex because we always need more Alex.

Also, cool cliffhanger, can't wait to see the Arrow episode.

Oh, also, "Save Me" being played was incredible.

• Like 1

Argh, I'm so behind on all the shows. I need to start digging in.

On 21/11/2018 at 14:37, livid said:

I don't hate it? 

Beats Birds of Prey: Prey Harder or whatever it could have been if they were lazier with it, at least. 

http://collider.com/birds-of-prey-title-explained/#images

I don’t know if I’m officially allowed to say, but there’s no reason why not. It was an unofficial aka when I wrote the script. I added it about a year or so ago, almost exactly as it is, just as an aka. I didn’t think we’d ever use it. We’d always used a working title, so I just had it as a cheeky little thing, on the front cover. And then, when we were talking about a title and brainstorming, we all kept drifting back to that one.

So it basically started out as a joke and stuck. :lol: I love that.

On 10/12/2018 at 20:15, Benjamin said:

Figured I'd stick this here instead of the Flash thread since it's got Arrow and Supergirl episodes as well.

I FUCKING LOVED ELSEWORLDS PART 1! So geeked out about everything. Seriously, it was said a billion times last year during Crisis on Earth X, but Arrowverse does these Justice League team ups so right. It was simple yet so full of vibrancy and excitement.

Reveal hidden contents

Can't wait to watch Part 2. Only thing I'm sad about is Sara and Ray and the rest of the Legends are joining in, but well, they're basically involved in their own mess right now. Seeing Constantine on-screen with Kara would have been amazing, though. Somehow hope that when we get to the Supergirl episode, there's Alex because we always need more Alex.

Also, cool cliffhanger, can't wait to see the Arrow episode.

Oh, also, "Save Me" being played was incredible.

Honestly, the reason I post most of the Arrowverse stuff here is because there are so few watchers of it on EWB, I really don't think they should have individual posts.

So after watching watching all three episodes tonight, my thoughts

I love the running gag of "Is this like Freaky Friday or Quantum Leap?"

"Oh Barry, what have you done now?" Yep, exactly what I would be thinking

"You woke up in bed next to Iris?"  nervous nod "We need to fix this NOW!"  Honestly, I'd rather wake up next to Iris then Felicity.  Candice Patton is just so...damn

Damn you Tyler Hoechlin!  Why do you have to be so handsome and have that smile?  You've managed to replace my memories of the DCEU Superman to the point I had to google him to remember that actors name.  Tyler is pretty much the Superman animated series version brought to life and I love it!

That shot of Oliver Flash, Supergirl, Superman and Barry Green Arrow coming out of the vortex was awesome

Barriver "Finish him..." and Superman diving out of the sky?  Holy shit!

AMAZO showing how fast The Flash can phase by avoiding Supermans punches was awesome too

Grant Gustins "AMAZO, you have failed this city!" was kinda weak.  He doesn't give it the same gravitas that Stephen Amell does

Part 2 had some great cameos for props, like the freeze gun, the Bane mask from Dark Knight Rises (So does this take place in the Nolanverse too?)

I had read some doubt about Ruby Rose being cast, that she wasn't a good actress etc.  I've never seen her in anything before this but I thought she did good.  If Batwoman does get a spinoff like its rumored to, I think she'll do a great job

Kara "My cousin Clark and Bruce are friends....well...frienimies"

Again with the "camoes"...the patient doors said "Cobblepot, Isley, Karlo, Nigma, Guggenheim.  Read as Penguin, Poison Ivy, Clayface, Riddler, Marc Guggenheim (Arrows original showrunner).

FEAR TOXIN!

Merlyn giving Barry a bit more insight into Oliver, as well as Thawn giving Oliver more insight into Barry was a nice touch

Part 3 GARY!  A Legend did show up!

Merlyn, Diaz and Slade Wilson's son as cops!

Black suit Superman!  Oh wait, thats not Superman!

Think it was assuming a lot that the rewritten universes Cisco could vibe, but ok

Kara's speech to the alternate Alex actually had me tear up a bit.  Melissa and Chyler have great chemistry together

They come from Earth-38 with Superman!

And Cisco immediately vibes the fuck out of there!

If you had told me during Arrow S-1 I'd eventually witness a Superman vs Superman fight, I would've laughed out loud

Brainy!  And J'onn J'onzz!  And Lois with...Mjölnir?  I actually dunno what THATS about... 

Oliver talking sense to The Monitor!  Until now The Monitor was basically shown to be evil, but he's not!  Just trying to get a universe ready for a "crisis"

Even though I knew they weren't going to kill Barry or Kara, their run around the world was tense as fuck

Did Oliver have a blue kryptonite arrow?  Not sure about that, I thought the arrow was going to go through the book and into the fake Superman, but it seemed to just hit the book

WE'RE GETTING A SUPER WEDDING!

Oliver and Barry throwing back beers and Oliver is happy he can feel the effects of alcohol again!

Batwoman series teaser a bit at the end

"Worlds will live...worlds will die...and the universe will never be the same"

"Coming fall 2019: Crisis on Infinite Earths"  NO FUCKING WAY!  I was never a HUGE comic fan but even I know what that means.  I always figured that was a story that would be saved for a movie.  So we might be things like Earth-38 merged with Earth-1 so Kara is "there".  Dunno what that might hold for Black Lightning, which has shown to be in the "real" world with Supergirl, Green Arrow and The Flash as comic book characters and NOT a part of the Arrowverse

Part 3 of Elseworlds was almost as good as the other two, had some really great bits. Loved the crossover. The Arrowverse is actually full of great characters (like the black guy and Felicity and Digger from Arrow are the only ones I remember from there so I'm glad they're the only ones that showed up). Can't wait for fall next year.

However, Legends of Tomorrow only needed one episode to do a better Elseworlds. I'm sorry, but "Legends of To-Meow-Meow" might have been the best episode on TV this year. Fucking stellar all-around.

'Somebody Save Me' had me screaming like a goof.

What a crossover. Everything just seemed to land. The fake-out of Lois/Clark being the price Oliver needed to pay. Watching as Barry and Oliver got a better understanding of each other. Kara/Alex's adorable connection. BRAINIAC!!

But, as good as the rest was, I was almost only watching this crossover to see Ruby. And she killed it. Batwoman can not come soon enough!

Also, am I the only one actually looking forward to seeing Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor?

37 minutes ago, Ace said:

'Also, am I the only one actually looking forward to seeing Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor?

I think he's a bad choice for the role. Lenny from Superman IV is a bad choice to play Luthor. He doesn't look intimidating enough. 

I hope John Wesley Shipp has a bigger role in the next crossover. His appearances were barely more than short cameos in this one. 

13 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I think he's a bad choice for the role. Lenny from Superman IV is a bad choice to play Luthor. He doesn't look intimidating enough. 

THey love their easter eggs.

Titans season finale trailer.

Spoiler

BATMAN. DOES .NOT. KILL. CRIMMINALS.

Jesus fuck why is this so hard for them to get.

On 09/12/2018 at 05:26, GoGo Yubari said:

It could be someone from China, because the movie's already out there. Bummer to hear that the dialogue is as bad as the trailers suggested it might be, though.

For what it's worth, with really strong overseas takings so far and what is now expected overall internationally, plus what they expect the movie to do in America, Aquaman may now end up being the DCEU's first billion dollar movie.

On 15/12/2018 at 03:51, =BK= said:

Titans season finale trailer.

Hide contents

BATMAN. DOES .NOT. KILL. CRIMMINALS.

Jesus fuck why is this so hard for them to get.

Season finale already? I still remember seeing the first trailer and remarking how stupid it was.

Clearly it really went all in on the stupid 

25 minutes ago, Tkasto said:

So should I check Titans or not?

It has gotten some good reviews, admittedly. Apart from some pretty massive deviations from the comics and all that, and what seems to be a super edgy broody mentality that should've gone out of style in the mid 00s.

But from reviews, it seems to be well beyond average, for what it's worth. Seems like one of those 'You won't neccesarily hate it, but it won't be the best thing you could be watching at any given time' shows.

Edited by Jasonmufc

I don't know if Kirkland's been keeping up with Titans, but in the previous episode..

Spoiler

Raven's father, the demon Trigon, heals a dying Beast Boy as part of a pact with Raven's mother. When the rest of the Titans get to Raven's mother's house, only Dick can pass through the magical barrier surrounding the house in order to get to Trigon, Beast Boy, Raven, and Raven's mother Angela.

So basically, I'd put my money on the whole thing being some sort of hallucination or elseworlds type deal that Trigon is putting Nightwing through.

Aquaman was incredibly long. Nicole Kidman was the best part about it, unsurprisingly. Patrick Wilson was actually very fun as Oceanmaster as well. 

Um, what else? Jason Momoa is really fucking hot. I slept through most of his stuff, though.

Oh, also there's a weird thing that happens in the final battle that I and I'm sure Lars fucking loved.

• Like 1

Saw Into The Spiderverse on Sunday and really had fun with it.  My only real issue with it is Spider-Ham, Spider-Man Noir and Penni Parker just felt tacked on to show how crazy the multiverse can be.  They were mostly comic relief and could be removed from the movie and lose nothing

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lint said:

Saw Into The Spiderverse on Sunday and really had fun with it.  My only real issue with it is Spider-Ham, Spider-Man Noir and Penni Parker just felt tacked on to show how crazy the multiverse can be.  They were mostly comic relief and could be removed from the movie and lose nothing

Agreed. Was surprised how long it took for them to enter the movie. Mulaney as Spider-Ham was one of the things I was most excited about and yet, all his funny lines were in the trailers. 

Yeah, I felt more or less the same way. It also didn't really sustain its length for me, once they got to like twenty minutes to the end or so I was pretty much ready for it to be done. Still a really cool, stylish movie, though, and the post-credits scene is an all-time great one.

Spiderverse was amazing! One of my favorite Spider-Man movies. It did seem like maybe it was a little long but I loved it so much I didn't care.

But I really came in here to ask a Venom question/complain about the TV commercial. I haven't seen it yet but we are planning on watching it this weekend. This might be a big movie spoiler though so don't read unless you've seen it.

Spoiler

In the commercial for the Blu Ray release they showed Woody Harrelson and he looks exactly like Cletus Kassady and I'm sure Carnage wasn't supposed to be in this movie and I know they never mentioned Woody being in the movie. They just spoiled a cool surprise for me didn't they?

1 minute ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Spiderverse was amazing! One of my favorite Spider-Man movies. It did seem like maybe it was a little long but I loved it so much I didn't care.

But I really came in here to ask a Venom question/complain about the TV commercial. I haven't seen it yet but we are planning on watching it this weekend. This might be a big movie spoiler though so don't read unless you've seen it.

Hide contents

In the commercial for the Blu Ray release they showed Woody Harrelson and he looks exactly like Cletus Kassady and I'm sure Carnage wasn't supposed to be in this movie and I know they never mentioned Woody being in the movie. They just spoiled a cool surprise for me didn't they?

There's an answer in the spoiler tag for you. It talks about placement though, so don't read if you don't want to know.

Yes and no. It was a nice little surprise, but it's a post-credits scene to set up the sequel and nothing more. Literally nothing of interest happens. They just show us the cool new toy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

There's an answer in the spoiler tag for you. It talks about placement though, so don't read if you don't want to know.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Thanks! I actually feel better about it now knowing that's what it is. Would have been a neat surprise but I'm still excited to see it