Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, I get it, but Mar-Vell died before I was even born and I'm pushing 30. He's probably not even in the top 3 people I think about when that name comes up (depending on the context I'd think either Carol Danvers or Shazam, followed by Monica Rambeau in a distant third).

I like him, but the best traits of Mar-Vell are actually the people born of his legacy. Carol Danvers, Hulkling and Quasar just for three are better actual characters. That and his death is pretty unique for a superhero. I hope they don't do away with him entirely, but his death and legacy are his most interesting gifts to readers. Plus Danvers is probably an easier sell to casual viewers.

I definitely think it'd be cool if he served as a mentor figure in some way, or just factored into the cosmic side of the MCU.

• Like 1

I assume the history of the character will be important even if he's only around for the beginning or flashbacks. They didn't need to make a movie about Hank Pym being Ant-Man to establish that Hank Pym used to be Ant-Man and now it's somebody else. 

1 hour ago, apsham said:

Carol Danvers has been Captain Marvel since 2012.

Well aware, I'm a Spidey guy and has the Avenging Spiderman series on sub when #9 hit and it officially happened. 

1 hour ago, Avenged said:

And is a way more interesting and compelling version of the character too.

Depends on what you like. 

55 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I mean, I get it, but Mar-Vell died before I was even born and I'm pushing 30. He's probably not even in the top 3 people I think about when that name comes up (depending on the context I'd think either Carol Danvers or Shazam, followed by Monica Rambeau in a distant third).

You'd be one of the very few that I know that feel that way.  She's been 3 other people since then and has been Spectrum for over two years.

22 minutes ago, Benji said:

I like him, but the best traits of Mar-Vell are actually the people born of his legacy. Carol Danvers, Hulkling and Quasar just for three are better actual characters. That and his death is pretty unique for a superhero. I hope they don't do away with him entirely, but his death and legacy are his most interesting gifts to readers. Plus Danvers is probably an easier sell to casual viewers.

This, and the fact that relatively speaking it's actually a death that has stood and meant something, is the biggest thing in the way ... BUUUUUUTTTT

20 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I definitely think it'd be cool if he served as a mentor figure in some way, or just factored into the cosmic side of the MCU.

THIS.  Mar-Vell was one of the first and biggest cosmic players and has factored in with much of the CMU ... he's even been tweaked and used in more recent stuff (like Thanos Imperative) etc etc

ALSO, THIS:

NAMOR RIGHTS BACK WITH MARVEL

DEFENDERS PLEASE

• Like 2

Spoiler

Her & Him (Kismet & Warlock) are in. Well, Kismet is more probable, but it stands to reason this movie will introduce Warlock if Kismet is the villain like she's rumored to be.

GotG2 spoilers, maybe.

Edited by tristy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HailtotheTortureRack said:

Well aware, I'm a Spidey guy and has the Avenging Spiderman series on sub when #9 hit and it officially happened. 

Depends on what you like. 

You'd be one of the very few that I know that feel that way.  She's been 3 other people since then and has been Spectrum for over two years.

This, and the fact that relatively speaking it's actually a death that has stood and meant something, is the biggest thing in the way ... BUUUUUUTTTT

THIS.  Mar-Vell was one of the first and biggest cosmic players and has factored in with much of the CMU ... he's even been tweaked and used in more recent stuff (like Thanos Imperative) etc etc

ALSO, THIS:

NAMOR RIGHTS BACK WITH MARVEL

DEFENDERS PLEASE

Well we're already getting a Daredevil/Luke Cage/Jessica Jones/Iron Fist version of The Defenders

7 hours ago, Benji said:

OH HOLY FUCK I AM SO HAPPY. Namor is my absolute favourite. I hope FF rights wind up back at Marvel more than ever now. But yeah, get me a Jim Hammond Human Torch, Too, Namor and Cap film.

OH GOD ... if they gave me the INVADERS :wub:

5 hours ago, Lint said:

Well we're already getting a Daredevil/Luke Cage/Jessica Jones/Iron Fist version of The Defenders

Yeeeaaaahhh .... I just have a thing about the real thing see: Captain Marvel :shifty:

• Like 1

The cynic in me can't help but think Namor being lined up to appear in a Marvel movie is a great tactic to nullify the appearance of Aquaman in the next few years in the DCU.

But yeah, give me Cap, Namor and the Human Torch taking down nazis on the big screen any day of the week.

• Like 2