Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

So does Disney XD just fucking jerk Ultimate Spider-Man around everywhere or what? It's really irritating. I have it set to record new episodes on my DVR, but they never do. Half the time it feels like other countries get it months - I think even a year - in advance of it airing on Disney XD, like what was the case with season 3. It's really frustrating because I want to keep up with the show and I want to like it, but it winds up recording and airing so infrequently that I catch episodes here and there when I'm still up at 3AM and just happen to be watching TV. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Cloudy said:

So does Disney XD just fucking jerk Ultimate Spider-Man around everywhere or what? It's really irritating. I have it set to record new episodes on my DVR, but they never do. Half the time it feels like other countries get it months - I think even a year - in advance of it airing on Disney XD, like what was the case with season 3. It's really frustrating because I want to keep up with the show and I want to like it, but it winds up recording and airing so infrequently that I catch episodes here and there when I'm still up at 3AM and just happen to be watching TV. 

THIS ...

... it also doesn't help that they officially change the title so that even though it's the same show, your DVR setting doesn't recognize it automatically all the time ...

• Like 1

Ah, shit, that makes sense. I didn't even think about the title changing. I guess I'll have to find somewhere to catch up, but I'm already like two seasons behind now. 

Spider-Man cast has now added Martin Starr, Bokeem Woodbine, Hannibal Burress, and the kid from Beasts of No Nation. That's... man, that's pretty good.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2016 at 08:11, Cloudy said:

Reminds me of post Season 2 Legend of Korra on Nickelodeon, where they decided to fuck over the show by giving them zero hype and throwing the show on every conveivable death-slot at random. Making it really obvious that they had a contract for four seasons, but someone at the top sure as hell didn't want to give the show the light of day. 

At a certain point I just stopped trying and instead stuck to good ol' piracy to watch the show, but man did Nick royally fuck over one of the best animated series of the last decade.

4 hours ago, Benji said:

Did Legends of Tomorrow get any better after the first couple of episodes or shall I leave it as dumped?

Got better about 4 or 5 episodes in, actually. But there's a skippable episode or two in the mix.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Benji said:

Did Legends of Tomorrow get any better after the first couple of episodes or shall I leave it as dumped?

Yeah, it did, though it gets a bit wonky and uneven again near the home stretch.

Tom Felton has been announced as joining The Flash next season.

And you thought this show couldn't get any better?

• Like 1

On 01/07/2016 at 03:31, Ace said:

Tom Felton has been announced as joining The Flash next season.

And you thought this show couldn't get any better?

He was great in Murder in the First! Looking forward to see how he does on Flash. 

Oh my god, Snart during Legend of Tomorrow S1 E5 is hilarious.

Spoiler

They're planning to break out their colleagues from a Russian gulag. Someone says something to him, and he responds with, "this isn't my first prison break", with all the subtlety of a rock on the head.

For those not getting it - the actor who plays Snart was the main character on the TV show Prison Break :lol:

• Like 1

Half way through LoT and...

Spoiler

... you could kill everyone outside of Sara, Snart and Rory and I wouldn't care in the slightest. I'd probably be happier. Even Sara I probably wouldn't care if she left so long as she wound up on another show. Might as well just make it the Captain Cold and Heatwave show.

EDIT Episode 7...

Spoiler

Oh, well, there goes Mick Rory :/

LoT finale...

Spoiler

So Rip massively fucked up by electrocuting Savage rather than letting him die from wounds of Hawkgirl's dagger, yeah? I assume that's where they are going with that.

Last four episodes were fun. Interested to see where season two goes, presumably with more Thanagarians.

Not the best show but it'll do as some mindless popcorn fun. Okay with having given it another chance.

Arrow spoilers for season 5:

Spoiler

At the Heroes & Villains Fan Fest in New Jersey this weekend, and after weeks of speculation, Oliver Queen actor Stephen Amell confirmed to the crowd that Flashpoint will affect Arrow and in a major way.

At the end of The Flash season 2, Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) traveled back to the night his Mom was murdered by the Reverse-Flash for a third time and on this temporal journey, he stopped Thawne from committing the heinous act.  DC Comics fans know that a very similar event occurred in a Geoff Johns written DC miniseries called, Flashpoint.  That comic book event chronicled the cataclysmic fallout from Barry's actions, which led to the entire DC Comics universe being re-written.  In that new reality, it was Bruce Wayne who was murdered in a Gotham alley, not his parent - a change that would inspire Thomas Wayne to don the cape and cowl of the Batman.  The new status quo also revealed that upon his arrival on Earth, Superman was immediately captured by the US government and placed in a prison devoid of yellow sunlight, growing up to become a pencil-thin caricature of his traditional muscular appearance. 

Green Arrow doesn't escape Barry's temporal manipulations either, in the Flashpoint universe, Oliver Queen is an inventor with a tech background who secretly steals the weapons from C-list super-villains to create prototypes for the US government.  Previously, Stephen Amell hinted that Flashpoint and what happens on The Flash COULD affect Arrow but at Heroes & Villains Fan Fest in New Jersey this weekend, he was a bit more bullish, revealing that Arrow WILL definitely be affected by Flashpoint and in a major way. 

With that confirmation, the question that remains is how?  Will the TV show follow what occurred in the comics or will we see completely different changes?  Will characters who have already died (like Laurel Lance and Tommy Merlyn) return from the grave?  The possibilities are literally endless. 

Best news about the show.