Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Suicide Squad 2 days ago and boy was that one incoherent, scattershot mess. And Jared Leto's Joker is horrible. He is not interesting. He has no presence, menace or charisma. He is just boring and there is no point to him being in this movie. Margot Robbie is good as is Viola Davis. And eventhough I think they got the character of Deadshot wrong Will Smith is a good actor so he was fun to watch as well. Other than that it was a huge disappointment though.

EW has a picture on Gabriel Luna as Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider

Spoiler

yttic3i82esjvgpl7ds0.jpg

Robbie Reyes (Gabriel Luna) will roar into the lives of Agent Coulson and the team as a junkyard mechanic who can turn on a dime into the terrifying Ghost Rider. Will Robbie be a friend or foe to S.H.I.E.L.D. – as well as the world, itself?

Executive producer Jed Whedon told EW that they’re putting their own spin on the character, while keeping some of their favorite elements, like his East L.A. roots and family ties. Whedon also said Reyes’ arrival continues Marvel’s push into the unknown, regarding science vs. magic.

“It started out with a guy building a suit using science, and then we met aliens that are the origin of the myths behind some of our gods, and this year Doctor Strange comes out,” Whedon said. “We’re opening it up even further to the world of things we don’t totally understand, or as Thor says, ‘Magic is science that we don’t understand.’ Well, we’re getting into some very, very fancy science.”

• Like 1

I've said it before, but I really hope Hellfire will be in season 4 in some way. Perhaps somehow working with fugitive Daisy, since I doubt he'll be accepted into SHIELD.

Also, hoping that Hunter and Bobbi get a few cameos in the season, seeing their spin-off went nowhere.

8 hours ago, Avenged said:

I haven't finished Season 3 yet but yeah I agree there is absolutely no reason in them staying away if the spin off isn't going ahead, easily two of the best characters in the show.

Well Adrianne Palicki has already been cast on a new Fox show...some kind of outter space sitcom.  I mean it is Fox, so it'll be lucky if it lasts a month, but still

I tried watching Gotham season one well it was airing however I tapped out pretty quickly, within ten episodes or so.

The shows been recommended to me but said person has pretty questionable taste. Does it get better with season two? If so can a person jump in at season two with little problem as far as character dynamics go?

6 minutes ago, WeAreOne said:

I tried watching Gotham season one well it was airing however I tapped out pretty quickly, within ten episodes or so.

The shows been recommended to me but said person has pretty questionable taste. Does it get better with season two? If so can a person jump in at season two with little problem as far as character dynamics go?

Personally tapped out after the season 1 finale. And to be honest, season 1 doesn't get better. It has shades of being good, but it never really gets there, and actively has stupid nonsensical shit to undermine itself whenever it gets any legs.

From what i've heard about season 2, it doesn't really get shockingly better. And the only reason to watch is Sean Pertwee being the most awesome Alfred ever.

There are other series that you're better off watching instead, imo

I really enjoyed it from about halfway through 1 onwards. They got rid of the boring internal affairs nonsense and just concentrated on a daft cop show set in Gotham, and it works. The series arc villains got good, the Batman references less annoying, and the focus on Bruce dropping slightly. I think the comment on Sean Pertwee being the only thing worth watching is very harsh given the performances of Penguin, Riddler and the interplay between Gordon and Bullock (Donal Logue is the best thing in it).

Annoyingly I can't remember whether you could get away from skipping season 1, but there was definitely a moment where for us it went from a slog to a must watch and I'd imagine it was somewhere midseason.

• Like 1

I never found Gotham difficult to watch, but it certainly took abut half of season 1 to find its feet. It still has some boneheaded moments, but I find it an otherwise fun show. I quite like the vibe/style they've gone for - sort of a lightweight version of Burton's world.

Penguin, Riddler, Alfred and Bullock are all great, particularly Bullock. I actually thought the chap that plays Gordon is a little bland, but grew to like him the deeper the show went.

8 hours ago, WeAreOne said:

Significantly better... but that's largely because of how bad they started out. I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone wanting a suggestion of something to watch, but I wouldn't actively turn people away like I was doing with most of season one (especially the first half, yikes). To me it's just a very different kind of camp version of Gotham.

Comic book shows often take a while to find their footing, but I've never seen one as actively bad as Gotham started out.

It was bad, but I still found it drew me in more (again largely through Bullock) then the first half of Arrow, which ironically felt like an OC-esque hail of bright young socialites doing boring things with an occasional 2 minutes of superheroing. I wouldn't slog through either again...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Benji said:

I think my feelings on Arrow's start are more generous now I've seen season four. Give me Oliver in the OC any day over that dreck.

Like a high school athlete, Arrow peaked in his sophomore year and it went all downhill from there.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...