Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not an overly big Marvel fan but I'm really hoping Doctor Strange is well received, which I'm sure it will be.

One of my favorite aspects of the Marvel universe is its Supernatural characters and there's alot of potential for some fun stories there. If they own the rights or at least share them with Sony it'd be awesome to see Morbius finally get an adaptation, rather it be a movie or a Netflix show.

This looks... amazing, actually. 

EDIT: The international red band trailer is also available. It has just slightly different footage, but also shows a sample of the movie's violence at 1.27 minutes in.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat
Added the red band international trailer

A good way to always get me to feel anything during a trailer is to use that song. Cheap tactic, but effective.

I didn't realize that Logan is based (sort of) on the Old Man Logan comics. I really hope that (Old Man Logan comics spoiler/speculation about the film)..

Spoiler

They keep in the bit where Wolverine is tricked by Mysterio into murdering all of the X-Men. That was brutal in the comics. Mysterio created an illusion that a team of supervillains were attacking the X-Mansion and Wolverine couldn't find the X-Men, so he murdered all of the villains by himself only to find out afterward that he'd murdered his team and caused his mental breakdown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Hide contents

They keep in the bit where Wolverine is tricked by Mysterio into murdering all of the X-Men. That was brutal in the comics. Mysterio created an illusion that a team of supervillains were attacking the X-Mansion and Wolverine couldn't find the X-Men, so he murdered all of the villains by himself only to find out afterward that he'd murdered his team and caused his mental breakdown.

Is there a Mysterio-like villain Fox can use, though? They can't use Mysterio, with him being a Spider-Man villain, thus being at Sony/Marvel. Maybe Mesmero? But I kind of doubt it, maybe they can allude to it via narrative, but I honestly don't think they will keep that part in the movie.

Well..

Spoiler

Mr. Sinister's the main villain from what I understand, so they could always make that one of his powers.

I've spent all day binge-watching the latest season of Agents of SHIELD and Gotham. Gotham really engages me on a pro wrestling level in that I can grit my teeth through all the bad stuff for the good stuff that's so far above anything SHIELD puts out. In four episodes the only thing I liked was Ghost Rider. Gotham was full of call backs to previous seasons while making more foreshadowing to future seasons that left me excited. Gotham has really come a long way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerstyle said:

Went to watch Doctor Strange, was good. Love Mads Mikks

I love me some Mads as well, but hard to argue, like most Marvel villains, he was under utilised. He did well with what he had, which wasn't a whole lot, but I get the feeling he was cast because

I think they wanted to cast someone like him to distract people from Mordo's arc, especially for those who won't recognise the name.

On 10/22/2016 at 18:41, Lint said:

David Leitch (John Wick) has been tapped for the job now.