Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosario Dawson, Scott Glenn and Rachael Taylor have all been confirmed for The Defenders.

3 minutes ago, TKz said:

Steve Trevor and Wonder Woman has been a thing for a pretty long time. It's not really tacked on. 

EDIT: It's also a pretty big part of her origin...

Their relationship is almost always a great inversion of the damsel in distress as well. It's usually Diana saving Steve's ass all the time.

• Like 3

I saw the Suicide Squad yesterday. It was ok. I hated the constant music in the beginning, the songs were good but save that shit for a 60s/70s coming of age stoner film. I'm sick of hearing the Rolling Stones in every movie.

I had no idea what the fuck was going on initially. The lady puts a bad guy squad together to counter act a potentially bad guy Superman, but then part if the squad goes Rogue and becomes the main antagonist? What the fuck? 

But it was ok. Will Smith was good, and the boomerang guy was good.

10 hours ago, TKz said:

Steve Trevor and Wonder Woman has been a thing for a pretty long time. It's not really tacked on. 

EDIT: It's also a pretty big part of her origin...

Just because it's a thing in comics doesn't make it seem like it isn't tacked on. Delivery is important.

• Like 2

In terms of visuals, Doctor Strange was a 10. In terms of story, Doctor Strange was a 5. It feels too much like other Marvel movies, sort of a mash-up of Iron Man 1's hero's journey with Thor 2/GotG's basic villain concept. Bandicoot Cumberbund was perfectly fine as Strange, better than I expected, but I don't know if I've ever been less "I want to see another of these" for a first installment of a potential Marvel movie franchise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Benji said:

Just because it's a thing in comics doesn't make it seem like it isn't tacked on. Delivery is important.

You can't really comment on the delivery until you've seen the film though, surely?

And it's not just a thing in the comics, Steve Trevor washing up on Amazon Island is the Wonder Woman equivalent of Krypton exploding or The Wayne's being gunned now. It's like an integral part of her origin.

45 minutes ago, TKz said:

You can't really comment on the delivery until you've seen the film though, surely?

On 07/11/2016 at 10:56, Benji said:

I really want to see Wonder Woman, and that trailer was mostly good, but I could really do without what looks like a really tacked on love story (judging purely by the trailer) and also the ridiculously fake looking rope swinging.

Literally why I put it in there.

1 hour ago, TKz said:

And it's not just a thing in the comics, Steve Trevor washing up on Amazon Island is the Wonder Woman equivalent of Krypton exploding or The Wayne's being gunned now. It's like an integral part of her origin.

I thought it was kind of a wider discussion about how love interests have, thus far, been treated in Superhero films. Marvel are particularly guilty of creating one-dimensional love interests, Doctor Strange being the most recent example, so I guess there's not a lot of trust built there. The Guardian recently had a pretty good article about it, too. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Just got back from seeing Doctor Strange, pretty good. The visuals were outstanding.

Question though about the MCU overall....

Hide contents

So, we've seen the Time Gem. is that all the Infinity Stones now?

The Soul Gem has yet to materialize. The strongest rumor thus far is that it will be (or be in the possession of) Adam Warlock. It stands to reason that he will play a role in Guardians Vol. 2, and there was a lot of talk about him after the first movie, with his cocoon featured in The Collector's personal library.

I quickly reminded myself of where they all are:

Spoiler

Space stone (aka The Tesseract) - Asgard
Reality stone - The Collector's Museum
Power stone - Nova Corps
Mind stone - Vision's head
Time stone (aka Eye of Agamotto) - Kamar-Taj library

• Like 1