Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a writer put out the argument how Deadpool could get a nomination for Best Picture at the Oscars. 

1.  It was well written

2.  It was well directed

3.  It was well acted

4.  It was a critical hit

5.  It was a box office hit

Well then...

keultlex49hns8jmnfdu.jpg

• Like 6

And they made an official Consideration trailer.  I think Ryan Reynolds just looks for reasons to play Deadpool

• Like 1

On 1/16/2017 at 00:38, Lint said:

And they made an official Consideration trailer.  I think Ryan Reynolds just looks for reasons to play Deadpool

And what's wrong with that? 

Not a damn thing. 

So far, there have only been 4 dead perfect castings in superhero movies: Christopher Reeve as Superman, Patrick Stewart as Professor X, Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man, and Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. (Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is close.) Keep in mind I'm only talking heroes, not villains. 

• Like 1

It's hearsay, but rumor going around right now is that Wonder Woman "suffers from the same problems BvS does", in that it feels disjointed and like it's trying to do way too much at once.

Also, io9's Katharine Trendacosta attended a Fox event that showed the first act of the movie. According to her, "if the first 40 minutes are any indication, Logan is both depressing and fantastic". 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Also, io9's Katharine Trendacosta attended a Fox event that showed the first act of the movie. According to her, "if the first 40 minutes are any indication, Logan is both depressing and fantastic". 

Well, that'll be better than any of DC's efforts thusfar. Which were fantastically depressing. :shifty:

• Like 2

Marvel released the full cast list for Black Panther. No big surprises, but they did confirm that Andy Serkis is in the film, most likely as Ulysses Klaw.

4 hours ago, Benkid Cratchit said:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is so good.

Yeah, I'm usually like "yeah, I mean, it's good" but right now it's really firing on all cylinders.

John Hannah is just such an amazing actor, he plays the part of conniving shitbag perfectly, whilst still giving you the idea that he's not the classical kind of evil that's easily explainable. He just wants power and knowledge, and is more than prepared to go over the moral event horizon to get there.

Also, they're still able to juggle a huge cast of characters, make them all feel unique and have them get their moments. And on top of that, have various storylines running alongside each other without never feeling overwhelmed when watched, nor have the season drag because they're not doing enough.

And then there's the general cinematography, which arguably is one of the best on TV right now aside from the massive budget HBO series and the like.

Edited by Jasonmufc

19 hours ago, Benkid Cratchit said:

I might be going a little too far, but Ming-Na Wen might be the best thing on TV right now. The way she plays everything about May is the best. 

I like they've organically over a 4 season span have defrosted a character that started out as an extremely generic ice-queen McFighty character with little in the way of actual character and turned her into someone with an interesting backstory that very well explains why her character is an ice-queen. Although at times they do fall back into the genericness, rather than fully grasping her changes.

I really wonder how they will write May if she survives this season arc, and how she'll behave between undergoing massive physical/emotional trauma but also overcoming her biggest mental demon over the course of that.

Another character that's been great is Jemma, who started out as the frail bubbly hot science nerd who was there for the nerdspeak together with Fitz. The will-they-won't-they relation with Fitz was written greatly, and then Henstridge stepped to a whole different level in '4,772 Hours' and the entire foreign-planet arc. And now they've further expanded all that by giving the character a political edge by playing the field and helping the team cut through the bullshit red tape when they need it.

Basically, all the characters (bar Coulson, whose always been awesome) have gone from being generic stock-characters to a whole range of performers with their own quirks, humour, and general issues. It's simply amazing how they've juggled 6/7 main characters without causing any of them to fall by the wayside development wise.

I do hope Hunter/Morse get a few cameos, although with the way they're smashing it out of the park on a weekly basis, they're not even needed.

Edited by Jasonmufc