NBA 2012-13 Thread

So apparently, Dwight Howard has told Houston that they need to sign another star so they could make a new big three. He's not even on the team yet, and he wants to play general manager. The guy wants to be the sole centerpiece of a franchise, while also wanting two fellow superstars. Of course, if I'm Houston, I'd tell him we'd glady sign another big name free agent, provided he takes a lesser contract to offset the cost, which he probably wouldn't do. It just feels like he wants it both ways, in every way.

Edited by HeadCheese

So apparently, Dwight Howard has told Houston that they need to sign another star so they could make a new big three. He's not even on the team yet, and he wants to play general manager. The guy wants to be the sole centerpiece of a franchise, while also wanting two fellow superstars. Of course, if I'm Houston, I'd tell him we'd glady sign another big name free agent, provided he takes a lesser contract to offset the cost, which he probably wouldn't do. It just feels like he wants it both ways, in every way.

Houston told him he could have input in personnel decisions. It's their fault for doing everything short of blowing the guy.

• Like 1

Clippers, Suns & Bucks have agreed to a three team deal...

Clippers receive: JJ Redick & Jared Dudley

Suns receive: Eric Bledsoe & Caron Butler

Bucks receive: 2 future 2nd round picks - one from each team

As a Suns fan I like the deal a lot... Bledsoe & Dragic will be a nice backcourt, hell I'd possibly like them to trade Dragic at this point...

I'm sure the Clippers could have got more for Bledsoe though... They get two good shooters but I'm not exactly sold on this deal making them any better despite Redick been a favourite of mine...

I don't really get the OKC deal. If they were just going to let Martin walk....they should have just kept Harden last year and let him walk then? Or I mean at least gotten more of a haul then, because a couple of mid-firsts (even one possibly being a late first) and Jeremy Lamb with one year of Kevin Martin really seems pretty awful.

Tyreke Evans to the Pelicans, Greivis Vasquez to Sac-town, and Robin Lopez to Portland with random no names and second rounders floating around too.

I like how the Pelicans are building their team this off-season with Evans and the Jrue Holiday trade during the draft. I think they have a legit shot at a low-seed in the West with a Holiday-Gordon-Evans-Anderson-Davis starting five.

Dwight Howard has made his decision and.....

It will be announced at some point over the weekend on Twitter. Because fuck Dwight Howard.

• Like 1

Howard isn't going back to LA, nor is he going to Atlanta. That leaves Dallas, Houston, and Golden State. I think he'll end up a Rocket, but the Warriors are a dark horse candidate. If they can clear cap, I think Howard will sign with them. That could be why he's delaying his decision.

For $12M? Smells like a power move to get Howard next.

Jefferson and Biedrins to Utah. No idea what they're thinking. GSW still has Bogut ($13M) and either Barnes or Thompson ($2-3M each) they can move to LA in a sign and trade.

Dwight Howard-David Lee-Andre Iguodala-Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson-Steph Curry. That's a pretty wicked starting five. Bench will predicate how good the team will be, but if Jarrett Jack comes back along with Brandon Rush, and Draymon Green that's not a bad eight man rotation along with whoever else they get on minimum contracts.

I've stated this before and obviously I'm in the minority and maybe even clueless, but I can't still help but feel Dwight Howard is going to resign with the Lakers.

It is going to have to just be one of those things I need to actually see happen (him leaving) to believe it.

For the record, with Iggy signing with GS and Bynum basically gone from Philly, the Dwight trade last year has to be one of the biggest jokes in NBA history.