The Download Festival Thread

DFF

Next year may be the first I've given a miss unless there's some miraculous third headliner or other stage options. I have absolutely no desire to see Iron Maiden for, like, the seventh time and I've fucking hated Rammstein ever since my ex constantly pushed them down my throat. And there was the time she made me see them at Sonisphere and it was worse than AIDS.

It'd be awesome to catch up again, it's been a while.

I need to work out what I can afford. I have a friend who wants me to go to Glastonbury, we might do Reading again and we always do 2000 Trees. Possibly doing Y Not as well as you get a deal on tickets if you do that and Trees.

There was a lot of talk on the Download forums about injecting some more rap and hip-hop into Download. Thoughts?

(Edit: Not necessarily as a headliner, just acts in general)

It depends on who they got, I've no interest in seeing Dizzee Rascal or someone like that but I'd be up for Eminem/D12 or Cypress Hill

There's a 'leaked' photo doing the rounds. It seems to depict what the front page will look like on Friday when tickets go back on sale. It has Pearl Jam as the third headliner, and also lists QOTSA and Stone Sour as also playing.

Are headliners usually confirmed as early as this?

No but then Maiden were booked before the 2012 festival, so they were always going to be announced early and then Rammstein jumped the gun on their announcement. I reckon it'll be another couple of months before the third headliner and a few more acts are announced.

Slipknot means that, mercifully for my wallet, I probably will not be going now.

Do not give a toss about Slipknot, never have, and I already saw them at Sonisphere '11 because it's all that was on. Shall keep my eyes peeled for Maiden actually playing some UK arenas next summer.