Sons of Anarchy, The Final Season **SPOILERS**

MalaCloudy Black

This was the try-hardiest episode of Sons of Anarchy ever. I'm not even offended by anything in this episode because it wants so desperately for me to be offended by it.

• Like 2

What the fuck, Sons of Anarchy. Why?

So many other ways they could have got them out of running guns and shown the effect their gun running is having on the community. So many less tasteless ways.

God, the more I think about it the worse it is. Did you really need the satanic images? Wouldn't it have been enough for him to just walk into the school, did we really need to hear the screams?

I mean, I'd probably dislike it less (though, I'd still be uncomfortable with it) if it was on a show where I still had faith in the writing team, but this just stinks of shock imagery to make up for a total lack of substance.

Or, y'know, emotive imagery.

It's the drama equivalent of "Eddies in hell". Cheap heat.

I was pretty close to done with this show last season, this didn't help. Even without that ending, this show continues to unravel. It's like if the guys behind Breaking Bad did a really piss poor job of connecting everything together.

And wrote characters bad.

Don't agree.

First, I'll point out that I'm neither an advocate for this scene nor was I particularly offended by it. I do, however, think this is going to be a major plot point for the coming season. If they glossed over this thing happening next week, then I'd be on the senseless violence bandwagon, but I think there's gonna be a ton of fallout and probably be the focus of the entire series. It's a touchy subject, and I totally get why some people weren't okay with it, but I think it's far too early to write this off as shock tactics.

• Like 2

I don't feel as negatively about the stuff we just saw as others. And I'm more offended by how dumb the whole Tara and Jax thing is. I get what they're trying to do and thankfully they shot it from the outside so that we don't have to see that imagery.

In other news, I wrote my first recap for the show over here: http://artistsondemandonline.com/tv-recap-soas6ep1/

I had to turn on the "positive" for the episode due to pressures from the higher ups. I had a few problems with the episode, but tried to keep it as positive as possible. I don't need you guys to read it, just give me them page views and support my first attempt at blogging. :o

Small correction. The term used when voting to kill Clay was Mr Mayhem, not Mr Reaper

Also, the Iranians are called Mr. Torture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeKXm1u-sa8

(.. I wish.)

ALSO, Peter Weller totally gets the best line in this episode.

Everybody's lying to everyone about everything, and Jimmy Smits isn't going to make it out of this season alive, is he?

He's always struck me as a "too good for his own good" character. He'll either die tragically, or betray Jax and Jax kills him in an overly emotional season finale