Sons of Anarchy, The Final Season **SPOILERS**

MalaCloudy Black

I rather prefer it be Chibs, because it has the potential to lend more weight to the betrayal once it's outed. Jury and practically everyone else are big fucking whoopty doos when it comes to that - Jury and Indian Hills are only ever around when they need extra bodies, and who cares if it winds up being someone like Quinn or Montez? Like West, they're just extra bodies to fill out the club's roster and make it seem bigger. Same deal with Rat. Happy and Tig are just happy to be able to be depraved lunatics, so they're not going to betray Jax or the club.

That really just leaves Chibs, who is one of the senior most members and most loyal to Jax. Which makes it all the more devastating when it comes out that he's the rat. He's the only logical person left who would have any emotional impact - on viewers, on the characters - if it turns out that he's betrayed the club.

would Tig flipping make sense after his history with Clay/Jax? Just a thought, but definitely wouldn't have the impact that Chibs would.

It could just turn out that Chibs is starting to see the evil in Jax and is trying to end it for him before everyone dies, which is what's happening.

Nero and Gemma's entire interaction in that scene was perfect, start to finish.

Except some of that stuff wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been being pushed.

Anarchy Afterword: As seems to be the consensus, Kurt Sutter just seems like a gigantic, self indulgent douchebag. Which is weird because I always liked Otto as a character.

It took until this episode to really get me pumped up, I'm finally looking forward to the rest of this series now.

Edited by punky

Yeah, Sutter's definitely got a pretty pumped up ego. Even when he has a point about something, it seems like he makes it in the douchiest way possible.

"Is that why grandma killed my other mommy?"

*MIC DROP*

Also, I really like Tig and Venus. I think that entire scene between them in the bedroom was probably one of my favorite parts of this episode. It's a pretty remarkably progressive relationship and handled really well, given that we're talking about Kurt Sutter and a bunch of dickwad bikers here. The fact that said dickwad bikers seem to be cool with it and it's the backwards hillbillies that have a problem is pretty refreshing too.

Also, is this show trying to get us to sympathize with Gemma again? Because at this point she's a cartoonishly evil, murderous, plotting, awful supervillainess and I don't really care about her outside of seeing what happens to her. I get the feeling that the writers want her to be "human" and relatable and everyone makes mistakes and blah blah blah blah but she's so cartoonishly evil.

• Like 1

Seriously, I think Venus might be one of the best written character on the show

• Like 1

Yeah, Sutter's definitely got a pretty pumped up ego. Even when he has a point about something, it seems like he makes it in the douchiest way possible.

"Is that why grandma killed my other mommy?"

*MIC DROP*

Also, I really like Tig and Venus. I think that entire scene between them in the bedroom was probably one of my favorite parts of this episode. It's a pretty remarkably progressive relationship and handled really well, given that we're talking about Kurt Sutter and a bunch of dickwad bikers here. The fact that said dickwad bikers seem to be cool with it and it's the backwards hillbillies that have a problem is pretty refreshing too.

Also, is this show trying to get us to sympathize with Gemma again? Because at this point she's a cartoonishly evil, murderous, plotting, awful supervillainess and I don't really care about her outside of seeing what happens to her. I get the feeling that the writers want her to be "human" and relatable and everyone makes mistakes and blah blah blah blah but she's so cartoonishly evil.

I don't think they're trying to get us to feel bad about Gemma as they are about Nero and the fact that the more he tries to get out and set up a new life for himself, it has not chance of working out because eventually all of Gemma's sins are going to come back to haunt her. Also, 10 to 1, she sells out Wendy in an attempt to save herself in all of this.

Just rewatched the last episode. That is probably the best one in a while. My favorite scene in a long time was easily Tig

getting shit talked by the redneck about being with a tranny, then shooting him in the nuts. The look on his face was perfect.

That or Marilyn Manson reading Juice love poems haha

Yeah, it returns in 2 weeks. December 2nd is the penultimate episode, leaving the series finale on December 9th.

EDIT: The guy doing the AV Club reviews for this is under the impression there's 3 more episodes, but I'm 95% positive that they said at a few points last night that there were only 2 episodes left.

Also did not realize this was a Peter Weller helmed episode. It seems like the ones he directs wind up being some of the better ones of the past season or two.

Theo Rossi's great. I think Juice is probably one of my favorite characters on the show.

Also, on the Jax front, I really want to see him die but Kurt Sutter's so in love with his own show and with the story he wants to tell I doubt that'll happen. I think the worst that happens is Jax is blacked out of the club, and then he takes his kids and moves away and lives happily ever after the end (blugh).