Showtime's "Homeland"

Blitz

homeland.jpg

Just wondering how many here have watched this show? Honestly, I hadn't even heard of it until it won an Emmy. I bought season one and really enjoyed it. Season two started tonight, but I don't have Showtime, so I guess I'll end up waiting for the season to come out on DVD.

Season one had me hooked. The episodes are a little longer than other shows since it's on Showtime with no commercial breaks. I ended up watching all twelve episodes from season one in three days. Buy episode one on iTunes or something and see if it piques your interest.

Great show, extremely well acted by the two leads (the Emmy's clearly agreed as Claire Danes was considered the lock of the night and Damian Lewis beat out such people as Bryan Cransten and Jon Hamm). The storyline is very addicting as you go along and without spoiling much, the first impressions you make of these characters changes as you go along and you even find yourself rooting for things you don't expect. Premiere tonight was just as strong as S1 and I'm ready to be addicted once again this season and expect another amazing performance by Danes and Lewis.

You should all watch it. It was easily one of the best new shows last year (probably second only to Game of Thrones, and even that can be argued) and it is a really good drama, that has a great storyline coupled with beautiful acting and it has you at the edge of your seat most of the time. And if the second season premiere is any indication, the trend will continue.

Well I never actually watched the show. I saw every promo leading up to the premiere but I just couldn't get past the fact that this guy was supposed to be a war hero, with pretty much only the heroine distrusting him but the guy just looked creepy, like he was up to something all along. Reminded me of some short lived comedy show where a guy was dressing up and pretending to be a woman but he looked too much like a man and I couldn't suspend my sense of disbelief that anyone could possibly think that it wasn't a man.

Just watched the season premiere. Spoiler discussion below.

Carrie's smile at the end of the episode sums up the episode well. It doesn't seem like the shock therapy had any negative effects, aside from her getting the boot from the CIA (although they have already reeled her back in). It looks like Brody will soon be the Vice President, and the obvious turn for the storyline then will be for him to organize an assassination and then step in as President.

It will be interesting to see how Jessica and Brody co-exist throughout the season given the spike in tension between the two.

Claire Danes and Damien Lewis are absolutely phenomenal. Without question the best actors on television. Mandy Patinkin deserves some love too, he got robbed out of a supporting actor nod.

The show is fantastic, little early to call it the best on TV only 14 episodes in, but the potential is certainly there.

I think Damian Lewis has really stiff competition (Jon Hamm, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul) but no actress on TV is touching Claire Danes. Her big character moment near the end of the season two premiere is fantastic.

If I weren't at work that ending would have made me go "HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT." Fantastic.

The fact that this is happening in the second episode of the second season shows how much balls this show has. A lot of other shows would have dragged this out a long time and it would have probably been a season ending moment.

What I would like to know is how HBO or AMC did not get this show. I had no idea this show existed and only heard about it from the Emmy buzz and just had to see the show that ended the Emmy dynasties of Bryan Cranston and Mad Men. The show has enough layers and storytelling devices that the show isn't just fixated on the original plot point were it can go on for more than just one season. The way Claire Danes melted down as Season 1 went was a brilliant. I don't have Showtime so I have to use less than 100 percent legal methods to watch the show but I can't wait to dive into Season 2.

Good lord, that ending to Episode 2. If we get that 1/6 the way into the season, what do the next 10 episodes have in store. I am actually a tad upset that final preparations for my wedding and then my honeymoon will cause me to miss the next few weeks.

But that leads me to thinking that this is the type of show that I would rather burn through in big chunks rather than watch week-in, week-out