Showtime's "Homeland"

Blitz

I disagree. Aside from the hit and run and the Gettysburg assault, I've thoroughly enjoyed this season. Brody's gradual breakdown has been great to watch. I understand the first two episodes in Lebanon were fast paced and exciting, but this is at it's heart a character drama, and a very good one. And I'm sure they'll blow lots of shit up in the upcoming episodes.

Crazy theory regarding with what happened to Brody at the end of last night's episode

Starting to think that Quinn may be working Nazir as well. Explains why he was left alive and why he left Roya and the other on the side of the road. Plus, hasn't Roya said/inferred that Brody wasn't the only inside asset they had?

The tedious nature of the middle of the season is really starting to pay off. My hunch that Quinn was shady paid off to a degree, just that he and Estes are running a shadow operation to take out Brody (under whose orders? The Vice President? Who apparently is a more powerful Vice President than Dick Cheney because the President in this show is involved in nothing and the Vice President orders everything).

I would love a spin-off with Saul/Virgil/Max running mini operations on their own. The last 3 episodes should be fun

Oh, I think Brody's son is the most clueless person in the history of television.

I'm happy that this week's episode had actual spy work. I am off and on on this season and have been post-Q&A but I'm hoping for really good things in the final three episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

It's all building to the season three finale where Abu Nazir is just about to execute President Brody on live television until Chris storms in and roundhouse kicks him into a volcano.

• 2 weeks later...

I caught up with this show in the past weeks. very good finaly. The show is strongest when it plays with me thinking i know what will happen next (and when kerry issent rebeling against everyone again)

Darn good finaly, i was expecting some lame set up for a clifhanger episode but i got a very good setup for a clifhanger.

I'm glad that the big payoff to this season made everything that seemed unlikely for this show show, make sense. (IE...Nazir dying so easily, the way Walden was killed). The acting again carried this show and all of the performances, even Dana, were very good. This finale had the feel of a finale from "The Wire" where the finale ties up loose ends and plants the seeds for the next season. I'm sad that we have most likely seen the end of Damian Lewis as a regular, but his 2-year run as Nicholas Brody will go down as one of the best in TV history.

I am really hoping we see very little or none of Brody in season 3. But I am skeptical that will happen between Damian Lewis' awards success and the fact that it's Showtime.

I am really hoping we see very little or none of Brody in season 3. But I am skeptical that will happen between Damian Lewis' awards success and the fact that it's Showtime.

I am alright with him having a role similar to McNulty is Season 4 of The Wire. He was in just about every episode, but very little screen time and he clearly wasn't the focus of that season. Heck, just having a scene of Brody every episode just to show him would be acceptable. But I like him. But Peter Quinn needs to get Brody's chunk of the "minutes" in Season 3.

• 4 weeks later...