[EWR] August 1996 - MASTERS Scenario (v2.0 DL)

I have a couple quick Q's about your WWF roster. Was Christian there in 1996? I thought he didn't sign until '97? Also, did Mark Henry sign with WWF before or after the Olympics? Because I don't think he would have been on the roster yet either, at least not for a few months. Also I noticed Matt Bloom on there, and was just curious if Darren Drozdov or Andrew Martin were in development at that time. I admit I followed WCW more at the time, so I might be wrong on all accounts, but just throwing it out there.

I have a couple quick Q's about your WWF roster. Was Christian there in 1996? I thought he didn't sign until '97? Also, did Mark Henry sign with WWF before or after the Olympics? Because I don't think he would have been on the roster yet either, at least not for a few months. Also I noticed Matt Bloom on there, and was just curious if Darren Drozdov or Andrew Martin were in development at that time. I admit I followed WCW more at the time, so I might be wrong on all accounts, but just throwing it out there.

I couldent find info on Christian working a WWF show in 96 although he could have been part of the jobbing team.

Mark Henrey debued for WWF on March 11, 1996.

Matt Bloom, Darren Drozdov and Andrew Martin wouldent debut in wrestling till 1997 and i dont think they were signed till around that tim either so they wouldent have been under WWF development, i dont think WWF had a development in 1996.

Edited by TheWho87

Some of these guys you've mentioned are all those I was questioning as well, so I'm glad you guys addressed them.

Looking a little deeper into Christian, I now don't think he was signed by the WWF in August '96, so I'll put him back on the open market...

I should probably take Mark Henry off as well, because Wikipedia says he was signed by the WWF after the 96 Summer Olympics, which were finished on August 4th, 1996, which is after when this data is supposed to begin...

Matt Bloom (A-Train/Giant Bernardo) should probably also be taken off and into the indies, considering he wouldn't debut in the sport until 1997...

My bad on those.

As for Darren Drozdov, Wikipedia says he didn't debut until 1997 as well, so he should remain un-signed.

Same goes for Andrew Martin.

I'll try to figure out this large event announcers business...

Didn't work for me...

It can also happen if you move announcers in the staff section that were listed as "large event announcers" in the promotions screen.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Also, is my data corrupt forever? :(

Anyone want the data to fuck with it and try to fix it?

Edited by SKA

No. As TheWho87 already said, Henry appeared for the WWF in early '96, and did indeed appear on Raw in March of that year. The dates aren't that far off, either, so I say keep him with the company.

Edited by Silva

I should probably take Mark Henry off as well, because Wikipedia says he was signed by the WWF after the 96 Summer Olympics, which were finished on August 4th, 1996, which is after when this data is supposed to begin...

No. As TheWho87 already said, Henry appeared for the WWF in early '96, and did indeed appear on Raw in March of that year. The dates aren't that far off, either, so I say keep him with the company.

I would like to correct myself, using these two sites it notes his WWF/wrestling debut in September at In Your House 10.

http://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bilanzen&wrestler=121&jahr=1996&monat=9

http://cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=437&page=4&s=1100

Genuine question, was The Sultan on the active roster in August 1996? I didn't think he turned up until the end of the year.

Crush is down as a biker, I'd have him as a convict as he had the jailbird gimmick

How are you doing with relationships? May I suggest posting say 10 workers at a time for people to suggest relationships for those ten. A full list of relationships would be borderline impossible, whilst focusing on them 10 at a time would get work down. In fairness working on Bret Hart, Vince McMahon, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Paul Heyman would cover a majority of them

I concur. The database maintenance program works and I was able to access everything in the editor perfectly. Starting a new game worked as well. I would suggest going over worker and staff ages. It might be because I went through the 2000 scenario and made sure everyone had the correct age, and that kind of thing just annoys me. >_<

Genuine question, was The Sultan on the active roster in August 1996? I didn't think he turned up until the end of the year.

Crush is down as a biker, I'd have him as a convict as he had the jailbird gimmick

How are you doing with relationships? May I suggest posting say 10 workers at a time for people to suggest relationships for those ten. A full list of relationships would be borderline impossible, whilst focusing on them 10 at a time would get work down. In fairness working on Bret Hart, Vince McMahon, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Paul Heyman would cover a majority of them

Pertaining to The Sultan, I think him being put in there as The Sultan and not Fatu is okay because according to Obsessed With Wrestling.com The Sultan debuted on RAW September 16th, 96, while his latest appearance as Fatu was May 6th...

As for Crush, I'll change it thanks it was tough to find anything on him in 1996 and took some vague information from Wikipedia.

As for relationships, I agree that is a good way to do it, but I haven't really touched them recently. I'm more focused on the roster right now, and staff as well, while I'll certainly get to the relationships at some point. That's why I hope people post a bunch in here so when I do get to it I can run through the posts quickly and already have a great start to them.

Meanwhile, I'm back to work!

I noticed Mr. Perfect missing from WWF. I know he wasn't wrestling, but he was referee at King Of The Ring later that month, so I would add him as a non-wrestler.

Edit: I just noticed the rosters are starting in August of 96, not June as I had thought. So I'm not sure if Hennig was still in WWF by then.

Edited by jupiterhill

I noticed Mr. Perfect missing from WWF. I know he wasn't wrestling, but he was referee at King Of The Ring later that month, so I would add him as a non-wrestler.

Edit: I just noticed the rosters are starting in August of 96, not June as I had thought. So I'm not sure if Hennig was still in WWF by then.

I would say Perfect should be in WWE, as he was the ref for the WWF title match at KoR in July, then he was back to work as HHH's manager in October of 1996.

I've added Curt Hennig in as a non-wrestler under a WWF contract. One thing I wish EWR always had was the ability to check a wrestler as injured when you start the data, but in any case, I'd consider him under WWF contract at this point. Should I make it written or open contract, 'cause for now I have it down as written...

I've made some other adjustments as I'm going through the current rosters and non-contracted workers. So far as I make my way through my final set of workers to edit, I'm through A-G, and still have H-Z to go... As for now, I may look up a few workers I want to see if they should be added to the database if not already included, but I plan on sticking with the 430+ workers in the database right now, then continually releasing updates with workers added thanks to effort of my research and others posting in this thread. The way I see it, this will be sort of like a monthly updated thing, where new scenarios based on certain points in time, such as Wrestlemania's, start of Stone Cold 3:16, ECW becoming Extreme Championship Wrestling, Hulk Hogan's signing with the WCW, ect. will be created until an efficient timeline of important points in wrestling history with accurate rosters all on a consistent statistical and financial level, is accumulated creating a mastered set of EWR scenarios...

I still have to finish creating the rest of the staff, as well as assigning workers to all three companies. I probably won't make any more companies until I start issuing out monthly, semi-weekly updates.

Tag Teams still probably need some work, but Stables are all set.

The Alter Egos already in the database are pretty solid so far, but as discussed before, Relationships have hardly been touched...

I need to go through my current Sponsors database because I set the financial payouts way to high, and need to lower the average pay from like $300k down to $70k-$100k, that way smaller companies like ECW and created companies don't start making ridiculous amounts of money every month because the average worker salary is between $5,000-$15,000.

TV Networks, TV Shows, Belts, and Events all finished.

I say I could have this puppy finished with the 430+ worker foundation within a week.

So yeah, this is pretty much done. Just focusing on making sure things are consistent throughout when it comes to statistic numbers, contract salaries, ect.

Also I'm working on a little handbook for the scenario, including a description of recent happenings in each company, and a quick snippet of each company's last show results.

If you wanna write a description for any of the three companies heading into August 1996, feel free to send them to me via PM, I'd be happy to include and use the best one!

Also almost complete with a skin for the scenario(s).

So yeah, this is pretty much done. Just focusing on making sure things are consistent throughout when it comes to statistic numbers, contract salaries, ect.

Also I'm working on a little handbook for the scenario, including a description of recent happenings in each company, and a quick snippet of each company's last show results.

If you wanna write a description for any of the three companies heading into August 1996, feel free to send them to me via PM, I'd be happy to include and use the best one!

Also almost complete with a skin for the scenario(s).

Man, it sounds like you've put a real great effort doing this as good as it can be. Props to you. I'm sure it'll be a great one.

Aight check the first post, I've added two links to start off, if any specific hosts are requested let me know.

And yeah, I pretty much spent hours upon hours getting this bitch done. But there's still a bunch more work to be gone.

Also you guys please critique the stats and everything else, so in future versions it's even better!