The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

No hyperbole, but that looks like the greatest movie that mankind has ever released. Like God's cum shot in film form. 

Looks like it'll be a fun movie. 

So...I had assumed when they revealed the name 'Rogue One' that it was going to be a Rogue Squadron film. The distinct scarcity of hot X-Wing-on-TIE-Fighter action in the trailer seems to suggest otherwise, unless at the end of the film they're like AND NOW WE SHALL FORM A GROUP OF PILOTS FOR SOME REASON.

2 hours ago, Benjrie Mode said:

That trailer has me much more excited than TFA has, it feels like proper expanded universe.

With regards to feeling like an expanded universe, it does unfortunately fail my own personal test of 'must not have a Death Star in it'. :shifty: 

• Like 3

Shit, Forrest Whitaker? In my mind I would never have thought he would be anywhere near a Star Wars film. I am so in. I just hope he is a cross between a Jedi and Ghost Dog.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stokeriño said:

So...I had assumed when they revealed the name 'Rogue One' that it was going to be a Rogue Squadron film. The distinct scarcity of hot X-Wing-on-TIE-Fighter action in the trailer seems to suggest otherwise, unless at the end of the film they're like AND NOW WE SHALL FORM A GROUP OF PILOTS FOR SOME REASON.

With regards to feeling like an expanded universe, it does unfortunately fail my own personal test of 'must not have a Death Star in it'. :shifty: 

In fairness it's not really an extended universe film when it's filling in a key plot point of A New Hope. Don't care, Felicity Jones :wub:

3 hours ago, Colly said:

In fairness it's not really an extended universe film when it's filling in a key plot point of A New Hope. Don't care, Felicity Jones :wub:

They already filled in that plot point, I did it myself. IN DARK FORCES. IT WAS KYLE KATARN. My childhood is a lie.

• Like 2

I haven't really got a problem with the 1997 releases.

Okay, apart from Greedo.

But the rest of the little CGI additions were harmless enough. The subsequent meddlings have really, really made me appreciate how 1997 had only one thing that was nonsensical bollocks rather than, like, fifty things. :shifty: 

• Like 2