The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

On 29/01/2017 at 19:20, Colly said:

Does anyone know what the KANG! snowflakes were up in arms about though? I can't remember any particularly obvious references bar what Star Wars has been about for 40 years, were they expecting the Empire to suddenly be portrayed as good guys?

Eh? What is that all about?

On 1/29/2017 at 11:20, Colly said:

Does anyone know what the Trump snowflakes were up in arms about though? I can't remember any particularly obvious references bar what Star Wars has been about for 40 years, were they expecting the Empire to suddenly be portrayed as good guys?

I think it might have been that the entire team of protagonists had no white guys in it? I tried to not pay attention. It seems a bit like the thing with Suicide Squad where some people were mad at Rotten Tomatoes about the reviews being bad, but then most of the momentum it gained was just people making fun of how stupid that was.

• 2 weeks later...

The canonical fate of Jar Jar

Spoiler

"Since children started coming in by the shipload as refugees, the Gungan has served them, performing for the kids once or twice a day. He does tricks. He juggles. He falls over and shakes his head as his eyes roll around inside their fleshy stalks. He makes goofy sounds and does strange little dances. Sometimes it’s the same performance, repeated. Sometimes the Gungan does different things, things you’ve never seen, thing’s you’ll never see again. Just a few days ago, he splashed into the fountain’s center, then pretended to have the streams shoot him way up in the air. He leapt straight up, then back down with a splash. And he leapt from compass point to compass point, back and forth, before finally conking his head on the edge and plopping down on his butt. Shaking his head. Tongue wagging. All the kids laughed. Then the Gungan laughed, too.

The clown, they called him. “Bring the clown. We want to see the clown. We like it how he juggles glombo shells, or spits fish up in the air and catches them, or how he dances around and falls on his butt.”

The adults, though. They don’t say much about him. Or to him. And no other Gungans come to see him, either. Nobody even says his name."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loved the trailer, but I've always been a massive Star Wars fan even before I loved wresting. After seeing the trailer I think perhaps Rey has discovered how to channel the power of the light side and the dark side, without taking one side, making her neutral. This would make Luke the last Jedi perhaps?

Edited by destroyed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was so cute. Unrelated, but I really thought Kristen Bell was a good host. Anthony Anderson was pretty good this week too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just gonna put this here

MJ2Vkag.gif

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Phil Lord and Chris Miller have dropped out of directing the Han Solo prequel, with three weeks of filming left to go.

That does not seem like a good sign.

It certainly does not.

http://www.thewrap.com/phil-lord-and-chris-miller-met-with-dc-about-the-flash-during-han-solo-hiatus-exclusive/

“Forrest Gump” director Robert Zemeckis is currently the frontrunner to direct the DC Film’s “The Flash,” one of the insiders told TheWrap.

Zemeckis would be a bit of an odd choice after Lord/Miller.

From AVClub's article about it:

UPDATE: Variety spoke with “a person with knowledge of the production,” and it sounds like these creative differences may have been a lot bigger than either side is letting on. According to Variety’s source, Lord and Miller were actually fired by Lucasfilm, and it was all because Kathleen Kennedy didn’t approve of the duo’s freewheeling approach to the film. The source says it was “a culture clash from day one,” and Kennedy wasn’t a fan of “their shooting style and process of interacting with actors and crew.”

The source pins most of the blame on Kennedy’s insistence on doing things a certain way, which resulted in her refusing to give Lord and Miller “the leeway to do what they had to do.” Because of this, the source says it has been “a very polarizing set,” which makes it sound like some people wanted to do things the old way, while others wanted to follow Lord and Miller’s lead. Basically, none of this looks good for the Han Solo movie.